GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

That would be great. Unfortunately, Hasbro said no original Ripcords until after the movie figures are gone, at least. Marlon Wayons in some kind of black night-ops get-up will have to suffice for the foreseeable future.

that means we'll never see an original ripcord...because the movie figures are gonna clog the pegs like the indiana jones stuff and ruin our chances of getting the real figures we want (mindbender,recondo,chuckles,lowlight,dialtone and so on)

that means we'll never see an original ripcord...because the movie figures are gonna clog the pegs like the indiana jones stuff and ruin our chances of getting the real figures we want (mindbender,recondo,chuckles,lowlight,dialtone and so on)

That sucks. I am really looking forward to Recondo and Lowlight.

I don't know. Even if they don't sell, I think Hasbro has made too much money from the "25th" line to look a gift horse in the mouth, and not to release those guys. But who is to say that the movie figures won't sell? Those awful Transformers movie figures sold like crazy, so maybe the Joe movie figures will sell, too.

Anyone have a loose black Lt Torpedo figure from the 25th ann. line they would sell me?

I have a custom in mind.

PM me.

I don't know. Even if they don't sell, I think Hasbro has made too much money from the "25th" line to look a gift horse in the mouth, and not to release those guys. But who is to say that the movie figures won't sell? Those awful Transformers movie figures sold like crazy, so maybe the Joe movie figures will sell, too.

I hope so.....the transformers movie,and I hate to say it, has more toy appeal than the G.I Joe stuff will....I just dont see kids taking to G.I. Joe like they did with transformers...I could be wrong...but I am not impressed with what I am seeing in this new G.I Joe film vs what I saw when they showed the 1st transformers trailer....as big as a Joe fan that I am. I just dont see it happening

toyfair report 25th/modern stuff coming

New modern era figures shown at Toy Fair include:

B.A.T., Recondo, Chuckles, Hit & Run, Outback, Dr. Mindbender, Range Viper, Alley Viper, Night Viper, Strato Viper, Wet Suit & Altitude!

Images will be arriving shortly!

I'm anxious to see these but I think I'm sure to be let down. It's too bad that Recondo and the Dr. didn't make the 25th Anniversary line. I'd much prefer to have them in their original garb instead of some new fantasy outfit. :(

I'm anxious to see these but I think I'm sure to be let down. It's too bad that Recondo and the Dr. didn't make the 25th Anniversary line. I'd much prefer to have them in their original garb instead of some new fantasy outfit. :(

these will be in their classic (25th) outfits bro....they are called modern era now instead of 25th ann.

I got the new Cobra and Joe 5-packs.

The boxes are MUCH smaller (thank God) than the original 5-packs. So they're much more collector-friendly in terms of storage and such.

Both sets are off-the-wall awesome...with special props to Joe set for giving us a color appropriate '85 Snake Eyes that fans have ALWAYS wanted. The gray parts are mostly light grays (so not TOTALLY accurate) but at least he is much better than the purple Snakes from the other set!!! He also comes with his traditional "eagle talon" sword that is modeled after the Museum Replicas' "Sword of Snake Eyes". All the other figures are great with Lady Jaye coming in slightly different colors and General Hawk's jacket is lighter in tone. Thank goodness for Flint's new arms and Shipwreck looks to have a new headsculpt.

Cobra set is awesome. Traditional Stormy with some minor paint differences. EXCELLENT new Baroness figure that is the "go-to" Baroness now for the 25th collection. Cobra Commander is hooded in light blues with a cape...Honestly I would've prefered the "chrome-head" CC in this set. Zartan has a transparent chest armor and a Duke and Stormy heads to change to and the Viper has a chrome faceplate.

Both home runs to me with some of the best figures ever of this line.

Wow, the only two I know from that lot is Dr. Mindbender and Recondo. :eek:

I hope Recondo comes with his boonie hat and shoulder holster.

Does anyone know if the Baroness will be sold in a single pack. I will definitely pick her up.

Back