GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I'm not a completist for these things,

Same,
As much I like em n all they just don't display too well. I go through phases of buying the 3.75s and then only try to pick the really cool ones. Like AIRTIGHT.

I think I'm going to start grabbing up some of the foil 25th's while they're still flooding the market. How much are these worth if the card is in very good shape?

Perfect, the ones Ive been seeing are around 10 bucks, I'm just going to snipe the cards I want. :lol

Thanks for the info.

I'm glad I'm not a completist for these things, what with 85-86ers like Footloose, Dial Tone, and Sarge being pricey exclusives. I never saw that 3 3/4" WWE Slaughter in the store, and I was looking for him at the time. Oh, well. Knowing Hasbro, they'll probably re-release him in another capacity sooner or later and folks will be able to pick him up. Maybe the version that came with the Warthog.

Thats because Slaughter was a SDCC exclusive :lecture

Just sold my TTT Slaughter on card, bought it about 6 months after it was released for $55, just sold it last week for $180...really wish I would have bought more, as I am kinda regretting selling it now, since I love the 25th style carded figures.

I just wish I could have picked him up at the con. Hasbro makes way too few of their SDCC 'vairants'. TTT Slaughter was the better of the two as well IMO. Most of the others have been OK to miss, but I was bummed he was sold out before I could snag him.

Same,
As much I like em n all they just don't display too well. I go through phases of buying the 3.75s and then only try to pick the really cool ones. Like AIRTIGHT.
Yeah, I got Airtight, and he was the first Joe I had probably picked up in a year or so. I did get the Resolute packs recently though.

Thats because Slaughter was a SDCC exclusive :lecture
I'm referring to the one from the 3 3/4" wrestling figure line. I think this was the figure:

https://www.yojoe.com/archive/actfig/slaughterbnb/

I just wish I could have picked him up at the con. Hasbro makes way too few of their SDCC 'vairants'. TTT Slaughter was the better of the two as well IMO. Most of the others have been OK to miss, but I was bummed he was sold out before I could snag him.
Is there a Limit at SDCC as to how many you can purchase from Hasbro?

Perhaps we should start a SDCC exclusive club for those of us that had to cancel our plans to go this year?

I'd Really rather not miss out on jinx this year. Which do we know which is the "regular version" and which is the variant?

there is usually a limit on the exclusives, 1 person can usually buy 2 of the variants and 5 reg. It may change haven't gone to sdcc in the last couple years.

I am pretty sure the reg will be the red version.

Not sure I would be calling other people "doofus" if you can't get my the point of suggesting how much they cost, which is what completed auctions tell you. :wave

You're always gonna have outrageous BINs that no one bites on.

But you don't help people out by showing them a bunch of ____ they missed. If you're researching a selling point or trying to find a base to make a reasonable offer, yes. But if you're looking to find one for sale, those don't help ____. You could have just as easily found the same one I did and posted that link. :huh :lol

Did you not follow the course of the discussion? I was telling Buttmunch how much they cost in general, lerath said he thought they were really expensive, and I proved that they really aren't. My purpose was never to give him a link to buy from. If you don't think it helps people to let them know if something is overpriced, well. . .

Back