Ghostbusters: Answer the Call

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kryptonianmutie

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yes folks, this is real. BvS has started a trend.

Ghostbusters: Answer the Call Extended Edition & Theatrical Version
-4 Unearthed deleted scenes
-11 Totally Possessed Alternate Scenes and more than 60 minutes of additional extended and alternate scenes with Ultraviolet download
-6 Jokes-A-Plenty alternate take reels
-5 Supernatural Featurettes
-2 Hysterically Haunting Gag Reels

I think the title is suppose to be an inside joke about Kevin(Hemsworth's character). Har har har:thud:

You heard it here first folks: BvS has started a trend. Never before has a film been released on home media in an extended format.

Extended editions, Ultimate Editions, Directors Cuts, Special Editions, studios have been packaging movies like this (probably) since you were pooping in your diaper. Assuming you were wearing Diapers in 1990.

Let's not forget Criterion Collections as well. (Edit) Apparently Criterion has been publishing films since the mid 1980's.

Last edited:
How do you know kryptonianmutie isn't a senior who's still pooping in diapers? Don't be insensitive to the elderly diaper pooping population.

How do you know kryptonianmutie isn't a senior who's still pooping in diapers? Don't be insensitive to the elderly diaper pooping population.

Hopefully I have at least a few decades before I get to that point, but if they were releasing them on beta max I'd like to see that.

Btw, trend not meaning new, but fashionable.

Still, nobody announces home video releases of stupid comedies as Extended Editions. They're always released as Uncut or unrated. Seems pretty obvious that Sony is trying to ride the financial success of BvS UE.

Was it that successful? I know last week BB had the exclusive Steelbook on sale for $16.99. I don't think I've ever seen a exclusive Steelbook go back on sale for even lower than it was on the week of release.

Ooooh non-millennials snarling at each other.

Yes yes, tire each other out, so us millennials can take over these boards.

3zYV2MD.gif

Was it that successful? I know last week BB had the exclusive Steelbook on sale for $16.99. I don't think I've ever seen a exclusive Steelbook go back on sale for even lower than it was on the week of release.

From Variety on Aug 18

Warner’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” remained at No. 1 on NPD VideoScan’s overall disc sales chart for the fourth consecutive week.

From Variety when it debuted at #1
The extended cut is available only on the “Ultimate Edition” Blu-ray copies of the movie, not the standalone DVD version, and the first week of release for “Batman v Superman” saw 70% of its copies sold coming from the Blu-ray format — one of the highest first-week Blu-ray percentages ever for a major theatrical release new to disc (the record is the 83% put up by “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” earlier this year).

I think Sony would kill to have GB home video release go this well.

they will add this scene into the movie :hi5:

Hopefully. :lol
It did seem odd how it looked like there was going to be this big dance scene, but they never acknowledged it again until the credits.

Back