New Fantastic Four Extended Cut DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Available June 5th.

Timed for release just prior to the much-anticipated release of the theatrical sequel, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, the Fantastic Four Extended Edition two-disc DVD boasts over four
hours of super-powered all-new bonus features including nearly 20 minutes of never-before-seen footage seamlessly branched back into the film, plus a feature-length “Making Of” documentary, six additional behind-the-scenes featurettes, new audio commentary, and more! As an added bonus for fans, the Fantastic Four Extended Edition DVD will also include a Movie Money coupon good for one free admission (up to $8.50) to Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer when it debuts in theaters on June 29th. Fantastic Four Extended Edition DVD will be available at the suggested retail price of $26.98 U.S. / $37.98 Canada.

DVD Special Features:

Fantastic Four Extended Edition will be presented in widescreen (2.35:1 aspect ratio) with English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Sound as well as Spanish Dolby Surround (on the U.S. Theatrical Version only) plus English, Spanish and French subtitles. Additional bonus content includes:

Disc One

• U.S. Theatrical Version
• Cast Commentary by Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis
• Commentary by director Tim Story, writers Michael France and Mark Frost, producer Avi Arad and executive producer Kevin Feige
• Seamlessly Branched Extended Cut
• Commentary by director Tim Story, writers Michael France and Mark Frost, producer Avi Arad and executive producer Kevin Feige
• 19 extended/deleted scenes
• Two alternate Main Title sequences
• Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer trailer
• Silver Surfer featurette
• Trailers
• TV Spots

Disc Two

• Heroes Are Born: Making Of Fantastic Four documentary
• The Baxter Building: Declassified featurette
• The World’s Greatest Comic Magazine featurette
• Jack Kirby: Storyteller featurette
• From Comic Book to Film featurette
• Multi-Angle Animatic-to-Scene Study
• Fantastic Four hit by cosmic storm
• Brooklyn Bridge
• Ben hits Johnny
• Reed and Doom fight
• Johnny chased by missle
• The Thing and Doom fight
• Visiting the Stately Ross Museum featurette
• Collectibles Gallery (50 stills)
• Stills Gallery
• Behind the Scenes
• Character Sculpts
• Characters
• Concept Art
• Costumes
• Human Torch Flame Tests

Whew, I almost bought the movie a few weeks back when I had a Borders coupon for a DVD, glad I didn't. Now I just have to wait for the next coupon. Its not so much that I'm cheap as every little bit I save somewhere else goes towards a collectible.

I still have not seen this flick. Everytime I would see a TV spot for it they would show that bit of dialogue where Doom says lets not fight and Alba goes, no, lets. I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.

Bannister said:
I still have not seen this flick. Everytime I would see a TV spot for it they would show that bit of dialogue where Doom says lets not fight and Alba goes, no, lets. I just couldn't bring myself to watch it.

I wish I had had your strength of willpower...After receiving my Doom I felt giddy and when I feel giddy I like to have a beer or two.... and being the lightweight that I am I had a good buzz going and thought what the heck...let's see some Doom in action!! One of the worst mistakes I've ever made.

Jen said:
I wish I had had your strength of willpower...After receiving my Doom I felt giddy and when I feel giddy I like to have a beer or two.... and being the lightweight that I am I had a good buzz going and thought what the heck...let's see some Doom in action!! One of the worst mistakes I've ever made.
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

They did a couple of things right in the movie:

Ben and Johnny's picking on each other and Jessica Alba in her underwear! :D

The only thing I think they did wrong was Doom. The problem was they did him so profoundly wrong that it killed the enitre movie. The F4 themselves and the way they interacted with one another was about spot-on.

Hopefully they didn't screwup Surfer or Galactus so badly in 2.

I tried to hold off an the dvd also, but alas I caved and what do you know, a 2-disc special edition. :rolleyes: I thought the movie was good, not great. Trust me there are far worse movies out there that get way more credit than this one.

rw23 said:
I tried to hold off an the dvd also, but alas I caved and what do you know, a 2-disc special edition. :rolleyes: I thought the movie was good, not great. Trust me there are far worse movies out there that get way more credit than this one.

I agree, this movie wasn't that bad, I mean the updated origin was pretty cool. I just thought some of the dialogue could use some work. Plus, the first family and best villain in the Marvel Universe and the biggest name they could rate was ... Jessica Alba?
I have hope that the sequel will knock it out of the park. My number one concern has been and continues to be the lack of big names. You might say the same thing about X-Men but by the second movie Hugh Jackman was a star and Halle Berry had won an Oscar.
Are there any potential superstars coming out of this cast besides Alba?

The lack of stars doesn't bother me and by the looks of it the sequel will knock it out of the park! I almost want to see this as bad as Spidey 3.............I said almost!

Spider-Man is Marvel's flagship character and those movies didn't have superstars unless you count Willem Dafoe and Kirsten Dunst, but I wouldn't call either a "superstar."

The only superstar I can think of in a Marvel movie was non-other than Mr. Affleck. He is even streching it in my eyes, atleast these days.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Spider-Man is Marvel's flagship character and those movies didn't have superstars unless you count Willem Dafoe and Kirsten Dunst, but I wouldn't call either a "superstar."

Good point, but the Fantastic Four began the Marvel Universe, I mean Spidey himself gained clout by having the FF as the first guest star in issue number 1 of Amazing Spider-Man.
You don't consider Tobey Maguire a star, he had just come off alot of hype from The Cider House Rules at the time of the first Spider-Man movie.
Plus Spider-Man made superstars out of Maquire and Dunst, their asking prices doubled because of Spider-Man. Not so for the Fantastic Four, I know its not the actors faults, but damn. I guess I just expected more from this movie because it's the Fantastic Four. It would be like DC making a less than par movie about Superman...

Not every superhero movie can be a homerun unfortunatly. Everyone has it's flaws and therefore we as fans have something to ***** about. :cuss

rw23 said:
The only superstar I can think of in a Marvel movie was non-other than Mr. Affleck. He is even streching it in my eyes, atleast these days.

I guess I need to explain myself, I did not mean to imply that Fantastic Four needed superstars. They don't, but the biggest name they could get was the actress who played Sue Storm.

You want a superstar in a Marvel movie? What about Wesley Snipes in Blade.

I would hate for this thread to be dominated by my "Needs bigger names" comment so I will leave it at this; there are plenty of superhero movies that had superstars that were just awful. Off the top of my head I can say Stallone in Judge Dredd and Schwarzenegger in Batman and Robin. I only thought Fantastic Four could have been great and better actors might have helped.

It may have helped but the movie did pretty good box office totals. As much as I like Wesley Snipes, he is no where near superstar status anymore, maybe 15 years ago he could have been considered.

rw23 said:
It may have helped but the movie did pretty good box office totals. As much as I like Wesley Snipes, he is no where near superstar status anymore, maybe 15 years ago he could have been considered.

Yeah, Snipes did fall off after a while. He was pretty big in the 90's with Demolition Man, Passenger 57, New Jack City and White Men Can't Jump. I'd consider him a superstar when he first did Blade. Now it looks like the only vampires he will be dodging are the IRS.

Back