Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone? I have my ideas just wondering what different approaches there are.

Unscrew the pack and you can either cut the hose or loop it up further inside. Some of the packs are glued to the frame and some aren't, but its not hard to pop it off.

I looped some of the hose up into the proton pack, and it makes a huge difference. I didn't realize how long that hose really was until I did this. I curled 6 1/8" up into there. It's still not as short as it is in the movie, but much more and when you try to put the neutreno wand onto the pack it will pull the soft rubber handle to the side (because it will be too tight) which looks odd.

Another update on mine--painted the belts to a whiter shade, and tucked in the hose like I posted about earlier.

DSC_0362_zpsebf73ab3.jpg

DSC_0363_zpsc46e304b.jpg

Before:

DSC_0080-1_zpsef507a12.jpg

After:

DSC_0356-1_zpsd11bd24b.jpg

4Lq5yek.jpg

Thanks Doc. Diamond is releasing a 24" Stay Puft to go with their Minimates. I returned my huge Matty one after he started yellowing, so I think this will be a nice companion piece to the 12" figures (even if he isn't really in-scale).

WqnJsmA.jpg

Sorry about the tiny pic (using my phone ATM) but here is an early WIP display I'm working on for my ghostbusters

Also I have no idea why it's upside down

View attachment 57782

Last edited:
Looking good, J2! When I rotate my head a little :D

Looks perfect Kara, nut man those crotch stand, that must hurt :lol
LOL

That looks much better... I'm gonna copy this. I know I did some kind of looping for mine, but it didn't look as nice.

Got my pads in from Mando awhile back, but haven't had a chance add the elastic to them. But, they came out great :rock
I'm actually thinking about re-elasticizing some of my pads. The black bars on mine aren't uniform (I was trying different looks first time around), some are looser than others, they are different widths, and some have a rougher cut edge than I would like. Mando's work was spot on though, and really add to the completed package. I'm very grateful that he took them on.

The the foam is film accurate, I got it from work and cut it down, the frame isn't attached properly yet, i got the frame for the darker straps, I believe the frame is black in the film, need to check it, if it is I'm sure a bit of paint will sort it

Yep, those are the ones. The "narrow shoulder" non-Truetype bodies on eBay appear to be knock-offs, which aren't as good, but really look the same on a body and are more cost effective until HT re-releases the narrow shoulder bodies.

And quero, great work!

Hey guys, the two TTM 14 bodies I ordered arrived today. However I can't seem to find an african TTM 14 anywhere. The closest is an african american TTM 15. Has anyone compared the two and know how different the two are?

TTM-15 is not the right body for Winston IMO. It is an "advance" body, meaning fairly muscular (the one used for Blade). I don't think HT released a narrow shoulder African American body on its own, only the advance, slim, and maybe a regular body years back. The knockoff bodies are cast in that color though, which is what I used. Pretty sure this is it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Custom...8133?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item53f2891eb5

TTM-15 is not the right body for Winston IMO. It is an "advance" body, meaning fairly muscular (the one used for Blade). I don't think HT released a narrow shoulder African American body on its own, only the advance, slim, and maybe a regular body years back. The knockoff bodies are cast in that color though, which is what I used. Pretty sure this is it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Custom...8133?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item53f2891eb5

Gosh, that body's awfully shiny. He'll look like he's rubbed oil all over himself. Anyhow, Winston will be in his jumpsuit most of the time so that shouldn't matter. Thanks for pointing this out. How good are the joints, does he stand up well on his own?

I received a Kumik body the other day. I got one to try out for the busters and while I like this body, it seems to have one fatal flaw. The legs do not have the articulation I'd like. The legs will not push together so you are forced to use an "open legged" kind of pose. Should have got those HP new version knockoffs when they were $30 but Slp talked me out of it! :lol

So can anyone reccommened some good (tight joints, full range of articulation) bodies that don't cost $50+ a piece? These and the elbow pads are the last peices of my puzzle. I wish HT would hurry up and release a Narrow. I'm after 8 at the moment.

Also I've yet to mod the gloves at all, you just remove the mattel connecter and the gloves are HT compatible or?

Also I've yet to mod the gloves at all, you just remove the mattel connecter and the gloves are HT compatible or?

I'm interested to know this aswell.

ON another note. I paid for a set of Spenser Heads about a month ago and have not received them. He's been a little less than forthcomming and his communication has been frustrating. Be wary.

Back