Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I spent a very long time lacing up 2 of my 4 pairs... a lot of cursing was involved. When I was done I tied them, and glued the center of the laces in place as I was pretty sure I'd never be able to redo it if they came undone :lol

^^ Those will be gone in no time. Might have went with Newline if I would have known they were still in stock somewhere. Oh well, we'll see how the Dam Toys ones fair. Seb has me worried now.. :lol

I bought the ACI boots for my (as yet unconstructed) set.

$(KGrHqR,!pgE-vtFZev8BP)C6Nbb5Q~~60_12.JPG

You can buy them here:

https://www.toysoldierbrigade.com/n...-fj-boots-2nd-pattern-black-real-leather.html

Some of the laces were a pain in the *** to get laced up though, when they wouldn't fit easily through the eyelet and started fraying. That was probably one of the most frustrating parts of getting my figures together (so far).

I know what you mean I was going nuts!!! My girl came up witht the idea to use some glue stick glue and twirl the ends with it. After that it was smooth sailing! Hated the dye rubbing off the laces too!

The laces take ages, but well worth it to have such fine looking boots for your figures. Since the laces that came with my Newline boots were very long, I snipped them a little bit at an angle which gave me a pointed tip to work with. A pair of tweezers also helped.

Got two of my GBs assembled. Just waiting for my heads. Pics to come. :)

Here they are, in progress pics of Venkman and Spengler. As I said, just need to get the heads. Ray and Winston are still in their boxes/packages waiting to be assembled. The belt gizmos I've left off. Might decide to add them but they'll need some work to look presentable.

SAM_0354.JPG
SAM_0355.JPG

If you ever get a chance, close-up pics would be appreciated. I love his work, but frankly, the photography of the sculpts in those threads leaves something to be desired and you can't really get a feel for the quality of the paintwork.

Back