GG HAUL!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, then it's back to him simply being a greedy bastard again.

True enough, but that's most people in the world today. If I had the chance to help a board member here I would, but if no one needed the help I'd flip them to stangers at the highest price I could.

Is it greedy of tomandshell to basically get us to get his Aunt a free vacation? He basically asked us to fix that poll. Not that I care, I voted, I am just saying.

We'll obviously never see eye-to-eye on this topic. And that's cool. :duff

I just see guys like this and I want to ask them if they are so talentless and lazy that this is the only way they can make quick and easy $$ for themselves. I guess it is.

I see the (usually overweight or otherwise awkward) guys carrying cases of exclusive collectibles through Cons and I don't envy them... I pity them. That's why I call the owner of all of these busts a "loser". It's tough-love. ;)

We'll obviously never see eye-to-eye on this topic. And that's cool.

I just see guys like this and I want to ask them if they are so talentless and lazy that this is the only way they can make quick and easy $$ for themselves. I guess so.

Maybe I misunderstand, but what does talent have to do with it? I work a job and don't have any other source of income. If I could flip these to fund other pieces then I am talentless? If that means I am not an artist like DA, Hurricane and others then you're right. I can't do what they do.

We'll obviously never see eye-to-eye on this topic. And that's cool. :duff

I just see guys like this and I want to ask them if they are so talentless and lazy that this is the only way they can make quick and easy $$ for themselves. I guess it is.

At least if my flipping doesn't work out, I have my art to fall back on.

Maybe I misunderstand, but what does talent have to do with it? I work a job and don't have any other source of income. If I could flip these to fund other pieces then I am talentless? If that means I am not an artist like DA, Hurricane and others then you're right. I can't do what they do.

You don't have to be an artist to have a talent of some kind and think of creative things to make extra cash.

Then again, perhaps Collectibles Flipping IS itself a "talent" and I'm just selling it short (pun purely intended, of course). :lol

I think it's pretty sad 2 see stuff like that. It helps the seller but thats it. It is greed plain and simple no matter how you try to spin it. The problem is until we the buyers quit and the companies actually change how they let people get this many there's nothing you can do.

Greed is good!
michaeldouglaswallstreetcolor.JPG

The problem is until we the buyers quit and the companies actually change how they let people get this many there's nothing you can do.
That's a good point, and one that is almost always overlooked: that the buyers are just as responsible for inflated prices on new items.

It's interesting to watch.

That's a good point, and one that is almost always overlooked: that the buyers are just as responsible for inflated prices on new items.

I usually point that out, but for some reason I get ignored when I say it.:lol

I say flip all of GG stuff. I used to love collecting them until their whole exclusive debacle. So from now on I will take pride in flipping the exclusives that I happen to get my hands on. Why not make 3 times the amount if some idiot wants to pay for it. :monkey3

P.S.
Yes I must have been Bannisterized!
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Yeah, we buyers tend to just want to pass the buck. (pun intended)

I think it's pretty sad 2 see stuff like that. It helps the seller but thats it. It is greed plain and simple no matter how you try to spin it. The problem is until we the buyers quit and the companies actually change how they let people get this many there's nothing you can do.

It's easy to sit back and call it greed and maybe it is, but I think people go over the top with the venom that can be thrown at people like this.

Lets all be honest. If you had 10 Cody's because you had friends buy for you what would you do? Like I said, I'd try to help some board members and then I'd flip the rest for every cent I could to fund other pieces. I don't see anything all that wrong with it.

I have always said if it's you SOLE intention to flip it does suck for the ones who actually WANT the piece, but if this guy is resourseful enough to get ten then most of use should be able to find a way to get one.

I have also said this many times, but these things are not necessities, they are luxuries. It is not like I am out there scalping bottles of water to Katrina victims.

Back