Getting into Captain America comics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though it obviously isn't modern Cap with everything that that entails (i.e., more "gritty realism" such as more deaths, more sex, more sadistic and sociopathic villains, more flawed, morally ambiguous heroes, more ret-conning that you can shake a stick at, more Iron Man douchebaggery, etc.), I would highly recommend the late 70s/early 80s run Mike Zeck had doing the art for the Cap comics. They can be had very cheap, are fun reads, and contain artwork from one of the top 10 artists of all time.

attachment.php

Fixed for accuracy. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

Years ago I made a mission of trying to pick up every comic Zeck drew (not every one he did the cover for--that would be a bit much). Unfortunately, there wasn't all that much out there for me to find. High points are obviously his Cap run, Secret Wars, the Punisher mini-series, and Spiderman: Kraven't Last Hunt. He seemed to do very sporadic work through the '90s and I haven't seen anything from him in forever.

Years ago I made a mission of trying to pick up every comic Zeck drew (not every one he did the cover for--that would be a bit much). Unfortunately, there wasn't all that much out there for me to find. High points are obviously his Cap run, Secret Wars, the Punisher mini-series, and Spiderman: Kraven't Last Hunt. He seemed to do very sporadic work through the '90s and I haven't seen anything from him in forever.

Check out his official site. I ordered his sketch book ($25 shipped) which came signed and he does take commissions for reasonable prices. Probably one of the industry's most underrated artists. :(

Back