Getting into Captain America comics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cokebabies

Super Freak
Reaction score
I never got into any of Cap's solo books, but figured I'd like to, mostly out of interest in Brubaker's writing.

I know the three Omnibuses will cover most of it:

Captain America Omnibus
The Death of Captain America Omnibus
Captain America Lives Omnibus

But from there, I see a bunch of mini-series, and things like that, ones I don't know a) where they go timeline-wise and b)if they're even worth getting. Plus, it looks like at some point the book reset it's issue numbers (?) as it goes from the 600's to starting at 1 (unless they're different books).

Ones like:
Steve Rogers - Super Soldier
No Escape
Winter Soldier Ultimate Collection
Prisoner of War
The Trial of Captain America
(any I'm missing?)

I was able to sort out Daredevil when I got into him, because themanwithoutfear.com has a good breakdown of his HCs, TPBs, etc. If anyone either knows where to find this info, or could help me sort this out, it'd be appreciated.

Captain America just started again with a solo series I have #1 not sure if #2 is on its way just yet. Check out TFAW.com and you can get subbed from there.

I figured that was the case with starting over, but didn't know if they were just separate books - thanks.

Also, I'm definitely only looking for TPBs and HCs, I can't deal with the individual issues. Which is especially fine in this case, since I've got so much catching up to do.

I'm sure there are plenty of those. The only two I have are the death and rebirth of Captain America.

Slap a what? SAY IT!

SAAAAAAYYYYYYYY IT!!!!

slap.gif

I just finished Brubaker's Cap run of #1-50 and they were AMAZING. Also finished Reborn and will start the new run soon.

I hope Bucky in Cap 2 turns out the way he did in Brubaker's run...if so, that will :rock

Though it obviously isn't modern Cap with everything that that entails (i.e., more "gritty realism" such as more deaths, more sex, more sadistic and sociopathic villains, more flawed, morally ambiguous heroes, more ret-conning that you can shake a stick at, more Iron Man douchebaggery, etc.), I would highly recommend the late 70s/early 80s run Mike Zeck had doing the art for the Cap comics. They can be had very cheap, are fun reads, and contain artwork from one of the top 10 artists of that period IMO.

attachment.php

Back