Getting into 1/6 Universal Monsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sad I had to let them all go.

DA, at least you have the certainty that they are going to a good home! I've been collecting for ever, and I haven't released one single piece from my dungeon ever since! What I buy, I intend to keep! I'm happy to have a Bride for my Frank now. And the SSE Nosferatu... how can a classic monster collection be a serious collection without him? Since I am a purist, I prefer SSE over color, but a color version is better than nothing!

To bad I missed your Creature. Oh well, that gives me something to look out for in the future!

Yeah, but only when someone else brings it up... :monkey5

sse_son03.jpg

Lonnie you are KILLING ME with those pictures!!!!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4You can stop anytime now.:lol:lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl

ive been thinking of picking these up. id only be interested in the big 4; frankenstein, dracula, wolfman, and the mummy. so my question is should i spend the time and money tracking down the SSEs or are the color versions just as good? also, do these guys have an official image thread on here? i found lots of threads for the PFs and busts but had trouble finding the 1/6. thanks

I have them all - the one Lonnie will not sell. You will love them. Good luck. :)

My first Sideshow figure was Frankenstein's Monster, after that I quickly got Nosferatu, Wolfman and Dracula.
All are very nice figures. The best sculpt by far is the Karloff monster. Simply fantastic!
They are a bit dated by today's standards, but look great together on a shelf.
I did have both Bela and Karloff repainted though, the original paint apps were just bad.

My first Sideshow figure was Frankenstein's Monster, after that I quickly got Nosferatu, Wolfman and Dracula.
All are very nice figures. The best sculpt by far is the Karloff monster. Simply fantastic!
They are a bit dated by today's standards, but look great together on a shelf.
I did have both Bela and Karloff repainted though, the original paint apps were just bad.

Yes, nothing but sweet memories, Oluf really lifted these figures with his sculpts.

Would love to see how your repainted monsters look :)

took the plunge and going for the SSEs. those repaints made it a hard choice though.

While technically not a "Universal" monster my favorite is Mr. Hyde. I love the film and the sculpt is a dead ringer. I disagree with Michael Crawford's review of the head sculpt on two points; Hyde is shown combing his hair in the exact fashion used and the last transformation mirrors the deep eye sculpt on Sideshow's figure. Plus the outfit is spectacular, missing only a tophat.

Second would be a tie with the SSE Karloff Frank and the regular Wolf Man. One day I will get the SSE versions of Phantom and Wolf Man, I doubt I'll ever drop the coin for the Creature though, sorry I missed that one.:banghead

I highly recommend getting this line, it's my all time favorite from Sideshow.

Back