Getting back into comics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dark Horse Conan stuff - start here, then work your way up to volume 9:

13029.jpg

Pretty much everything else mentioned in this thread are excellent reads as well IMO.

The best thing you could probably pick up is the Preacher series. Amazing stuff.

Also:

Fables
Y: The Last Man
Criminal

and if you're looking for a super hero fix:

Planet Hulk
Brubaker Captain America
Fraction Iron Man

Anything by Alan Moore, especially Miracleman if you can get your hands on them. One of the best comics ever written, if not the best.

I also recommend anything by the Hernandez Brothers.

the dark horse conan stuff i've been eyeing for a while. Seems like a lot of you guys say it's good, just might pick some copies up later today or tomorrow.

ANy good marvel stories you could suggest?

so far i know siege is good, but what's another great marvel storyline? can be old or new

Anything by Alan Moore, especially Miracleman if you can get your hands on them. One of the best comics ever written, if not the best.

I also recommend anything by the Hernandez Brothers.

I can't find a copy of miracleman! i'll have to use amazon for that i guess...

Any hope of a reissue for mircaleman? maybe like an omnibus/absolute edition?

i read somewhere that marvel bought the rights to miracleman back in 2009

I thought I heard somewhere that marvel was working on a collected edition

so i guess it's true then! :yess:

I hope we hear some update about it this year :pray:

have any of you guys read animal man? any good?

I've read 52 (which is great) and the lead-in story (Rann-Thanagar Holy War) to his 2009 monthly title (Last Days of Animal Man).

Didn't read the monthly, but the lead-in was cool.

I have stop this habit for a long time. How is the comics industry in general now?:)

Hi devilof76 :wave

Hi Puay. :wave

I like it. Laying off for a bit though. I'm going to be reading The Dark Knight, Zatanna, and the current Doc Savage, but I think I want to mostly dig into older stuff now.

My local library has got quite an up to date collection. Been glancing at my buddy's borrowed copies. I thought the standard of artwork has improved.

That's a fact. Storytelling is hit or miss, but if you're not too uptight about the way things were, it's entertaining as hell.

I can only speak for DC though. I don't read Marvel. I read Republic from Dark Horse, and The Lone Ranger from Dynamite, but that's it.

I thought I heard somewhere that marvel was working on a collected edition

Yea, they will be under the original Marvel Man title. I hope it drops the price of the originals so I can complete my set of Miracleman. :pfft:

Wouldn't somebody who is "getting back" into comics be more interested in newer titles? I assume that since the OP used to read comics, he is well aware of the many classics that have been listed in this thread. What's worth reading currently?

Back