Get Smart

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was skeptical at first, but after seeing the trailer and hearing good buzz... I'm really looking forward to seeing this. Looks freakin hysterical. :lol

It does look good. I loved the show as a kid and I'm afraid that it will not be good (since many TV shows made in to movies seem to not be). On the other hand I've realized it's been years since I've seen an episode so I don't have much of a yardstick to judge it by. I wish they sold the DVD's seperately by season.

It does look good. I loved the show as a kid and I'm afraid that it will not be good (since many TV shows made in to movies seem to not be). On the other hand I've realized it's been years since I've seen an episode so I don't have much of a yardstick to judge it by. I wish they sold the DVD's seperately by season.

HEY, I know now where you get your Name from...:lol:lol:lol

Just got back from seeing the flick. It was really really funny. I caught myself laughing about 20-25 times out loud in the theaters. Plus Steve Carell was there for a little Q & A and he was one funny dude. PLUS, Anne Hathaway is freaking gorgeous. There is one scene where she's in a robe and she turns around with it open....going to have to wait for the DVD and have the pause button.

OH, I have never seen an episode of the TV Series, so I dont know how much or if any if the film took from the series
How the hell do you always get in to these early screenings you lucky bastard?

Good to hear more positive stuff about this, I am looking forward to it. For those who are saying Steve Carrell is heading down the undeserved 'God of Comedy' route, I disagree, just look at Little Miss Sunshine and Dan in Real life, which was a really good movie and he didn't play them over the top.

How the hell do you always get in to these early screenings you lucky bastard?

Good to hear more positive stuff about this, I am looking forward to it. For those who are saying Steve Carrell is heading down the undeserved 'God of Comedy' route, I disagree, just look at Little Miss Sunshine and Dan in Real life, which was a really good movie and he didn't play them over the top.

You live in LA, I'm going back to the same theater to see The Incredible Hulk on Monday if you want to go, I think I can still get tickets.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl It's what he says in the movie.

Yeah I know, I think its in the trailer or something. Anyway I got my name from several places. The 00 comes from being a big Bond fan, 28 is the day of the month my birthday is on. I chose that instead of some other number because in the books there were three double oh's and one of them had two digits 0011. As opposed to the movies where they show nine agents, presumably 001-009. So I wanted to use two digits. As for the Agent part, that was happenstance, before I joined here I spent alot of time in Sideshow's fantacular chat. I wanted just 0028, but it had to start with a letter so I went with Agent in front. I thought the same rule applied here and it wasn't until later I realized I didn't need the Agent part. I've considered changing it before, but never have. And that is probably waaay more than you ever wanted to know about the origins of my name. :lol

was the character of siegfried in the new movie.
siegfried-200.jpg

So...We meet again Schmart.

looks like the individual seasons of the classic show are gonna be released in stores soon for those of you who dont want to spend big bucks on the Time Life set. https://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Smart-Season-1/9778
personally i would save up for the Time Life complete box if you are serious about this show. it truly is a beautiful box set. other companies should take notes on it for releasing other complete sets.

That's good to hear. I just can't afford the complete series all at once.

it is a big chunk of change. but i really really wanted it so i saved up and i found a great coupon code which took about $30 off. plus TL gives free shipping. it cost me just under $170 shipped. its worth every penny to me cuz i love this show and vintage TV in general. every episode has a short introduction by barbara feldon(agent 99). it was great that she took the time to do that. havent watched much of the special features yet but there is a lot. 5 discs worth i believe. or should i say "would you believe".

Back