Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^

The Vintage Star Wars figures started my whole obsession with action figures and were the catalyst for my large collection of toys today.

Hammerhead was always my favorite as well. It took me a long time to find him. My entire family was aware of my search and would always look for him. I remember going to the mall and my mom would say "we can look at toys but we won't be buying any today.". And I would reply "unless they have Hammerhead, right?". "yes." she would say. "if they have Hammerhead, of course we'll get him". It went like that for a while. Until finally one day at a Walgreens in Gadsden, Alabama. I was with my uncle and I had finally found Hammerhead. My uncle and I jumped up and down in the toy aisle in the middle of the store. I think he was just as excited as I was. I have never forgotten that moment and it will stick with me for forever.

Man, beautiful story. That totally crystalizes everything that's good and pure about this hobby. Also glad it was about Hammy... Damn, I loved that figure. :monkey2

brings back memories that does, used to love looking for SW figs as a kid, Best times was around Empire for me, getting boba & taun taun foe xmas I think I got the Wampa the same year.....goodtimes

I got a superb offer on the Vintage GG 12" Stormtrooper. So I'm getting it. I'm not too big into vintage stuff, I have the old 3" Stormie which is quite cool, but in a way I'm afraid this big doll will look odd at that size. We'll see, I guess by Friday it will be here

Ordered the brown snake version myself. Havn't gotten around to getting the original vintage version yet -so this is good. I already own several orange snake Yodas.

I dig the Orange snake version as well. On the original vintage Yoda the one that came with the brown snake, Yoda had a darker green face. I wonder if they'll adjust that as well.

Anyone know who has the best prices shipped on these? Looking for R2-D2.

I've got the Vader GG 12" 'Figure'.

Makes a nice companion to my Kenner ROTJ Vader...

IMG_3788.JPG

For anyone who is still collecting this line, Gentle Giant has started taking orders for their SDCC exclusive: Blue Snaggletooth.

- Joe

A quick check of eBay's completed listings shows that while Boba and the Jawa (both vinyl cape and cloth cape versions) remain popular, the others are either hovering around retail or selling for ten bucks below retail. People are listing some at high prices, but they aren't selling. The blue Snaggletooth, being an exclusive, will probably sell for more than retail down the line, but this doesn't seem to be a good series to buy for investment purposes.

- Joe

They sounded good on paper, but they probably should've gone with different packaging. They're just too big to safely ship without some type of bubble/blister damage.

is yoda for sale yet?

nevermind...........backtracked a bit & found my answer..........:)

Back