Gentle Giant Wampa Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see what you're saying, and I actually thought it seemed a bit short when I put it between the tauntauns. But I think that's mostly due to his wide stance with his knees partially bent. Interestingly, in the movie we never really see the wampa standing right next to anything that allows you to get a good idea of its relative height, so it really just depends on how tall you think it should be, I guess.

I also would say it should be a bit larger than the tauntaun. Wasn't it a way taller in the film than the tauntaun Luke rides. In the scene when the tauntaun gets killed.
But nevertheless a really cool statue and it fits perfectly between the two tauntauns.

Congratulation icruise for that piece. :rock

It is in scale.

Tauntaun.jpg

GraWamp1.jpg

I have the two tauntauns and Id really like to grab this to go with them. The Sideshow piece was awesome, but the base was too big to fit in my display cabinet so I didn't keep it.

It is in scale.

Tauntaun.jpg

GraWamp1.jpg

Great pictures! I really recommend this piece. I personally didn't really like the Sideshow piece all that much, although I'm sure it's impressive in person. I like the Wampa sculpt on this one better, and the Sideshow piece was so big that it's difficult to display.

Why would the Empire send more Probe Droids to Hoth? They found the Rebels. Got an "Unleashed" vibe to it.

Hmmm... I have one on order too. I hoped the piece was going to bigger, more ominous.

Is this a medium scale piece, and not full size like the GG Darth Vader and Chewbacca/C3PO?
If so, then $230 sounds a bit high in price.

Also, anyone know what the issues are exactly with the probe droid breaking?
Is the piece shipping damaged for some or is it an easy-breakage issue?

Why would the Empire send more Probe Droids to Hoth? They found the Rebels. Got an "Unleashed" vibe to it.

I figured this was a probe that got destroyed before it found anything. Yeah, it's not directly from the movie, but it's a cool idea IMO, and better than the wampa just standing there.

Hmmm... I have one on order too. I hoped the piece was going to bigger, more ominous.

Is this a medium scale piece, and not full size like the GG Darth Vader and Chewbacca/C3PO?
If so, then $230 sounds a bit high in price.

Well if it were to scale with Chewbacca, it would be about 2 feet tall. I think it makes a lot more sense for it to be in scale with the Tauntauns.

Also, anyone know what the issues are exactly with the probe droid breaking?
Is the piece shipping damaged for some or is it an easy-breakage issue?

I think some people's probe droid arms are breaking in shipment, although it sounds like a relatively easy fix in most cases.

Sideshow's site says Luke and Yoda are 18 inches high, so the Probe Droids looks to be between 16 and 16 inches. I would love to get one of these.

It is 57cm high give or take a mm or 2. Here is a pic i took a couple of weeks ago next to some 1:1 stuff.

DSC00593.jpg

Looks like starwarsshop has this for only $140. I have no idea why they are discounting it like that so soon after release, but it kind of irks me since I paid about $50 more. Anyway, a good chance for someone who wants one.

Back