Gentle Giant: Shanna the She-Devil (Marvel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone preorder this? I like it. The SDCC pics months ago coupled with the final results of recent GG releases makes me think she'll have a less harsh paint app than the promo shots (didn't care for the way they overly shaded the lines under her eyes, but the most recent examples look better IMO). I'm curious why this one is so much more expensive at $450 compared to the other licensed statues--I'm guessing the extra dino sculpt? Not really a statue guy, but I might get this if I have funds.

Anyone preorder this? I like it. The SDCC pics months ago coupled with the final results of recent GG releases makes me think she'll have a less harsh paint app than the promo shots (didn't care for the way they overly shaded the lines under her eyes, but the most recent examples look better IMO). I'm curious why this one is so much more expensive at $450 compared to the other licensed statues--I'm guessing the extra dino sculpt? Not really a statue guy, but I might get this if I have funds.

Bingo!

I haven't ordered this one but I want to. :D

I think she makes a great subject for a statue, and GG did a nice job with her here IMO. I saw a lot of shade thrown on it on other statue forums though lol.

I wanted to get her until the dino color change. But I still might depending on a few things when she's released.

The original color is quite striking, but I think I kind of prefer the more realistic, muted tones of the more recent prototype better.

shanna.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't both of these pics old? The new dino is red. Gentle Giant's site is down for upgrade so I can't check.

Yeah they changed it to a bright red and it looks awful. I would've pre-ordered if they stuck with that old color scheme.

Oops thought it was the other way around. Hope they tone it down for the final release. It's a great design/sculpt otherwise. I want it.

I wonder if Sideshow will tackle a Shanna PF... I think they could give her a dynamic pose and probably a pretty striking face.

Never a fan of Gentle Giants... she looks kinda bland to me.

Yeah I think unless its really off at release, I'm going to try and get this one!

Ditto! :)

I wonder if Sideshow will tackle a Shanna PF... I think they could give her a dynamic pose and probably a pretty striking face.

Never a fan of Gentle Giants... she looks kinda bland to me.

I would love it if Sideshow did a Shanna PF with a dynamic pose. :rock

No more "Captain Morgan" poses, please.

I wouldn't mind if Sideshow did a pose similar to this cover shot...

905803.jpg

Your mileage may vary. :D

I would like a Tarzan statue that looks just like that...

They were supposed to. I believe I posted here or in the SF thread the Frank Cho artwork that Sideshow had for Shanna or a Jungle Girl statue.

I do think this Gentle Giant one is the best Jungle Girl statue that I've seen.

Back