Gentle Giant R2 statue! - *Cancelled*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: gentle Giant R2 statue!

that looks pretty cool. lights and sound would be alright i guess but all my stuff is in a glass cabinet so gimmicks like that never get used. wish he had the thrusters in his legs. is there a 3PO companion piece?

I'm sooo ready for a decent 1:6 scale R2 that I'll probably get this.

I don't care about lights or sound myself. I just want a nice looking droid in my ANH collection and I like the that the compartments open and the little gizmos are there.

I think it looks great.

This thing should be $100 or just under..not $159.Is this really 1/6th scale?.

This thing should be $100 or just under..not $159.Is this really 1/6th scale?.

Yup. :monkey4 I'd rather spend $30 to get the Hasbro one with the opening doors/gizmos and repaint it than drop $160 on this. For that price, it should have articulation and lights.

You guys are just hearing about this? It was announced more than 2 years ago and places have been taking preorders for almost as long. It's sort of the "Duke Nukem" of the Gentle Giant Star Wars line. God knows when it'll really come out.

As for the piece itself, I think it looks really good. All of this talk about articulation kinda misses the point that it's a statue. If you want articulation, get something else. Then again, it's not like articulation is all that useful on R2 anyway.

Agreed. I would rather drop that coin and get the Hasbro interactive R2. To be honest, I don't know how GG is still even around.

I got the interactive R2 for $50 and quite honestly, I think it was barely worth even that. Its voice recognition is spotty and as a display piece it's just so-so. If you must get one, get it used on ebay.

Polystone? What's it made out of?

Polystone and metal for the most part.

is there a 3PO companion piece?

Yes, it's been out for quite some time and I have one. It's not bad (it's gold plated) but it is a little on the small side to be true 1/6 scale (which it's supposed to be).

I got the interactive R2 for $50 and quite honestly, I think it was barely worth even that. Its voice recognition is spotty and as a display piece it's just so-so. If you must get one, get it used on ebay.

I have fond memories of that little guy! I worked at a TRU a while ago and someone returned one. Rather than throw him (pun fully intended) into a scrap heap, I adopted him and kept him around. I was an overnight manager and R2 and I would have full on conversations. I would talk and he would beep and whistle while I stocked toys. He even followed me around the action figure department...kinda lol. I loved that little guy.

Back