Gentle Giant Diarama 2 = Biker Scout on SpeederBike Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

Actually guys, now that I think about it, this is definitely a diorama.

Its 12 x 6 x 7.5 inches in size

That definitely makes the Scout in scale with the diorama line. 12" long and either 6" or 7.5" in height.

The base is what makes Bob and I think statue, god I hope so, cause that would the scout the scale of C3PO, awesome...

C3PO is 11" tall, and this would be much shorter than that.

Yeah I'm not big on this one either. I think mainly because it almost looks like a Biker Scout extra relaxing between takes

I think the pose is perfect, couldn't be better . The biker scout on the bike would be the predictable pose and too boring, I think GG has surprised their fans again choosing a brilliant pose. I love it.

achteel, thanks for the info, the scale is right then,it was the only doubt I had about this piece. there's no doubt this is one will be a high seller.

No, I don't . That's why I only collect GG and SSW. What I like are nice poses, sculpt, likeness, painting, etc and GG have never disappointed me until now with their line of statues. With their line of busts there might be some flaws like the Han bust. What I think is that you seems to always criticize GG just because you already have a big Attakus collection, but think in this way... competition is always good to every business, who knows, Attakus may raise their statue's quality because some of them surely needs to be redone.:naughty

Rod,
I think you misunderstood. I was trying to show that the speedebike was out of scale....too small. I do, however like the piece very much and wouldn't be surprised if GG makes adjustments before production. After all, this is probably just a pic of a prototype.

Yes I understood achteel, the bike might be about 4 feet too short, but like you said not every biker scout have the same height... so what if this one is a little taller.

Rod, you're right. You know I'm a big GG fan too. I'm sure when we get to see the finished piece that it will be very good. :yay

I know the Star Wars site is supposed to be canon, but I'm afraid the got the dimensions really wrong. Every reference book thta I have refers the full prop to have 3.25 meters (flaps no extended). For futher refirmation on this the scale models used for shoothing was 81 cm, that makes it a precise 1/4 scale (which is the mentioned scale of the scale model).

I know its fun to theorise this scout may be a Andre the Giant type of scout:lol , but standar is stardar and that is 1.80 meter high for a scout .

Really hope the'll correct the bike, or ...... I wonder how this trooper will look with a AMT accurised bike (that is more to sale with the figure.

My two cents

Back