Gentle Giant Diarama 2 = Biker Scout on SpeederBike Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: .

Fat,

You nailed it. I was just about to post on that as well!

GG is really going downhill IMO....they need to stick with busts only. :)

Hey CobbyD

From which UK supplier have you made the pre - order??

And what was the damage ££'s ???

WG :boing2

Ahhh yea I see what you guys are saying......but I will still be picking it up. And lets hope they do make the speeder bike bigger instead of the trooper smaller!

Re: re

Azog, you may be right. Based on that, uh, base, it's possible this is a statue and not a diorama. :\

Wow, this looks pretty bad!!! Hopefully GG improves the stance of the Scout as well as adds a forest floor. I was hoping for branches, leaves, etc. I also thought that the Scout would be more of a "James Dean" type leaning on his hot rod. As it stands right now, I'm passing on this. It had SO much potential, too......

Maybe the reason they haven't released pics yet is because the piece is undergoing drastic changes. We can only hope.

Gruson,
I think we're mind alike (after all we usually visit the RPF forum.. don't we :p ?). This prop-accuracy thing we share is no good LOL, (to be honest I was surprised you didn't metioned the proportional inaccuracy in you post;) )

Scale seems to be either 1/9.5 say 1/9 for the scout, while the bike is 1/11.

My only hope is either they correct the size (don't think so) or they make the scout smaller (easy with GG technology).

One smmal innacuracy I have spotted is that the bikes "dashboard" for the controls shhould be higher and more angled.

maybe they didnt make the bike bigger because of the weight of it, since the only thing holding it up is the troopers leg.

I like it.

I think it's great. The "floating" feel of the bike is incredible and the biker scout is very well done, don't know about the bike scale , I have to compare with other pics. but at first look seems ok.
Don't know how GG can be going downhill as all their statue releases until now looks awesome IMO.:rock :rock :rock

Re: Re

You know there's something bothering me about this concept; in this pose the support leg is bound to be angled backwards right?
That would mean that the whole weight of trooper and bike will actually be behind the single support axis. It will have to be one sturdy leg to keep all of it up, very likely to bend through over the long time, wouldn't it?

Yeah I'm not big on this one either. I think mainly because it almost looks like a Biker Scout extra relaxing between takes on the set of ROTJ more than it does convincingly as something taking place in the actual Star Wars universe.

Sev.

I'm going to throw some numbers at you guys (and gals) , so be patient.
According to the starwars.com site, an imperial speederbike is 4.4 meters (14'-5") long.
Using the picture at the front of the thread as a reference, the ratio of the length of the bike to the riders height is approximately 1.75 to 1.
For starters, assume that the rider is above average height, but that he is not standing at at his full height. Lets use six feet (72 inches).
So, 72 x 1.75 = 126 (10' - 6") about 4 feet too short.
But hey, this guy might be the Jesse James of Scout Troopers and choppped his bike for more speed and quicker response.
I really like it. Bring it on GG. :rock :rock

The more I think about, the more I believe this is either a diorama with a temporary base or it's a full-fledged statue now.

I agree Richard. The reports from Toyfair that I read all indicated that this base was temporary. Unless it is indeed a statue, which is also a distinct possibility.

re

I am beginning to think that this will be classed as a statue and not a diorama despite my earlier post. Perhaps they will afford the luxury of deluxe environment bases to HUGE beasts of burden, e.g. tauntaun, rancor, wampa, reek. In other words the most expensive pieces. :idea
:dunno

The base is what makes Bob and I think statue, god I hope so, cause that would the scout the scale of C3PO, awesome...

fatH,

You are very right. I am a perfectionist, especially when it comes to collecting, and cannot stand it when companies overlook details.

The scout and bike not being in scale is a major screw up IMO.

I just do not understand how they miss it...

Back