Gentle Giant Darth Vader Kneeling Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would sell my GG ROTS Vader to make space, but he only goes for about $100 right now. Those high ES GG statues definitely don't hold their value, that's for sure....

Well in GG's defense on the Vader ROTS bust, I think they went extremely high with the ES to give collectors a chance to secure one after what happened with the original Vader bust, a rare showing by GG to look out for the collector.

As for this statue, I can't wait. I felt the first GG Vader statue was nice, but the overall design just didn't feel right for the character which is why I passed on it, but this one is very fitting, and the light feature should be very nice if the light in the Cody bust is any indication.

I'm sorry to necro this but now that they've revealed the Emperor in 12inch and PF I want to bring back the issue of scale.
I'm not sure which to get.

This statue seems to a somewhat bastard 1:5

The Emperor Throne figure is 1:6 and the throne tops at 10" which would make Vader huge in comparison.

On the other hand the 1:4 PF throne stands at 16" so Vader may look disproportionally small next it....

What do you guys think???.........:dunno

:lecture get a hologram palpatine, and project the image next to this GG Vader.

this is really out of scale and shouldn't be paired up with 1:6 and 1:4

:lecture get a hologram palpatine, and project the image next to this GG Vader.

this is really out of scale and shouldn't be paired up with 1:6 and 1:4

I wish but the only hologram palpatine I can find are the tiny Hasbro one.

Attakus or 1/6 emperor goes nicely...Stop hoping for PF Emperor match up...HE's TOO BIG!...Get one of these other guys if you cant find a good emperor...LOL

I disagree with the Attakus part -- Attakus is 1/5 -- the Attakus Vader alone stands at more than 17inches -- I forget the exact height...

the kneeling statue is 11 inches (while he is kneeling) add another 3.5 /4 is about 14" or a1/6 scale for a 7ft tall character.

In sixth scale Vader should stand at 13.6" from bottom of his boots to the top of his dome.

And they missed a perfect opportunity:
MeditationRoom-011-small.jpg

Last edited:
This GG statue is a great rendition of Vader, very unusual and cool pose. I really like mine.

what type of batteries does this require and how many? saw one on sale for just around 140$ but doesnt have the box and all. just wanted to see if the lights work

what type of batteries does this require and how many? saw one on sale for just around 140$ but doesnt have the box and all. just wanted to see if the lights work

3 AA batteries are in this baby.........just put him back in storage today......great piece I love it:yess:

IMG_5975.jpg
:

There is an edition of 5000 of these Vader statues IIRC and still remains one of the best renditions of this character and holds its value well. If you can get it for $140 do it, you won't be sorry IMO

Back