Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a beautiful statue.

I just got mine - after market. TBH, I got it more because it's the best statue of Scarlett Johansson out there :p

I did a fun, very quick review. Check it out.

Congratulations on scoring that beauty. It's not actually "mixed media", though. Unless you're thinking of the material the base is made of. :)

PS: Love your cat.

Don't suppose anyone knows the GG contact details, specifically the e-mail address?

I tried their site: Contact Us The 3D Studio and well, it's just blank :slap

ggc.jpg

:lol
I'd like to contact them to ask about the situation with ScarJo, as it seems to me they have all been sent out, yet the EU distributor(s) haven't got them, save the guy whom advised he got his from a German site.

Try contacting them through Facebook or Twitter. Maybe that will work. :huh

Twitter is certainly an option. I don't use FB, so that's a no-go. I'll give twitter ago and see if I get GG to bite.
- Lee @ CD is calm, but as the still unconfirmed due date goes further and further away, my anxiety is steadily growing.

As I've said before, this isn't a dig at Lee, as I do believe the info coming into him is clearly vague. But I would like to hear from them if there is a potential issue with regard to over allocating (etc), because I do find it strange that the lead time for the EU was early 2015 and yet almost no one has one (except those whom may have purchased via other channels).

Something seems /off/.

Try contacting them through Facebook or Twitter. Maybe that will work. :huh

I just sent the following through Facebook:

Why do you no longer have a CS phone # listed on your web site? How is that good business? It's difficult to feel comfortable placing an order for a ~$400 statue if there's nobody to pick up the phone when I have a question. A lot of collectors on my favorite website feel the same.

I ordered a Black Widow statue last year and I had a billing concern to discuss at the time. If I hadn't been able to call you I would have cancelled the credit card transaction.

You're in retail Get a phone number.

Why do you no longer have a CS phone # listed on your web site? How is that good business? It's difficult to feel comfortable placing an order for a ~$400 statue if there's nobody to pick up the phone when I have a question. A lot of collectors on my favorite website feel the same.

I ordered a Black Widow statue last year and I had a billing concern to discuss at the time. If I hadn't been able to call you I would have cancelled the credit card transaction.

It is redicilous. As I'm across the pond, I wanted to avoid having to making international calls. Following trial and error I finally managed to obtain their e-mail address, which is: [email protected]

I sent a message outlining my concern about EU distribution and my e-mail to that address did return a auto reply indicating a ticket had been created and someone would be in touch asap.
- That was 15 hours ago :impatient: but hey it's a start..

It'll be interesting to see if they answer you and what their answer is.

It is redicilous. As I'm across the pond, I wanted to avoid having to making international calls. Following trial and error I finally managed to obtain their e-mail address, which is: [email protected]

I sent a message outlining my concern about EU distribution and my e-mail to that address did return a auto reply indicating a ticket had been created and someone would be in touch asap.
- That was 15 hours ago :impatient: but hey it's a start..

Hopefully you'll get a solid answer instead of a canned response like I got when I asked why their Sucker Punch Babydoll was being delayed so long.

I never heard back on my Facebook comment either. I guess customer communication is a low priority. Cools my heals on ever wanting to do business with them again.

Not looking good - Time elapsed since 'confirmation e-mail': 5 Days ಠ__ಠ

That isn't cool.

I never heard back on my Facebook comment either. I guess customer communication is a low priority. Cools my heals on ever wanting to do business with them again.

I own a few Gentle Giant pieces. Several SW busts, Sucker Punch Babydoll Japanese variant & WS Black Widow.

I've never bought directly from Gentle Giant and I doubt I ever will.

That isn't cool.

I own a few Gentle Giant pieces. Several SW busts, Sucker Punch Babydoll Japanese variant & WS Black Widow.

I've never bought directly from Gentle Giant and I doubt I ever will.

Yeah that seems to be the case here. I mean this is my first GG purchase, albeit not a direct purchase. I have absolutely no doubt that this statue will be a real centre piece it's just frustrating when you have a geniunue query and the company in question seemingly couldn't give a damn and ignores your questions.

By all accounts this piece is /done/. But there does seem to be a growing issue with EU distribution - I was lucky enough to secure a pre-order and get this at a sensible price. Now if something happens, whereby there is an allocation issue or the shipment / order is cancelled then there is no way I'm gong to get this piece as I cannot justify £600+ being asking on eBay.

This is what annoys me - It's a simple enough question, when did these go out to EU distributors and if not, when is the planned despatch date (etc).

Just got this mail from my UK retailer.

Unfortunately we have been informed that this item has now sold out and we are unable to obtain any further supplies. Please be assured that no payment has been taken from your card. I apologise for any disappointment caused. Best regards Stacey Customer Services

:( :(

Just got this mail from my UK retailer.

Unfortunately we have been informed that this item has now sold out and we are unable to obtain any further supplies.

:( :(

Oh please don't do this to me... But First things first, I'm really sorry man. That sucks! :(
- I know I'm going to regret asking this, but was it Collectables direct?

As mentioned in PM. :) Forbidden Planet Int'l.

I hate to be a whiner... but damn, sometimes it really sucks that the companies are based in the US. EU seems to really be on GG's bad side.

Back