Statue Gentle Giant 18" Black Widow - Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow so many getting flipped for bigger money. Oh man, I wish I had bought two also! I could've sold one to pay for both!!

Since mine will remain boxed up in the closet for a couple more months, I went back and watched the Marvel's unboxing video to remind me just how awesome this is.

I think after some sober reflection, after the thrill and novelty of some other recent statues has been allowed to die down a little, I've come to the conclusion this was the statue of the year for me. I think it was it's simplicity that originally threw me off a little.
But when I break it down
- How close is it to what I believed I was ordering?
- How close is the likeness to the actor?
- Does the pose fit the character? Does it look and feel natural?
- How well does the sculpting capture tertiary detail like the various surfaces of fabrics and hard props?
- how clean and precise are the paint apps?
- how wide is the range of prime viewing angles?
And on and on...
In every category I can possibly imagine, this thing scores as close to perfect as I've ever experienced. I'm still tickled with the Allied Charge Cap, and the Superman PF is another example of what was delivered being exactly what I believed I was ordering- but as sensational as both those are, I just have to keep coming back to BW. It enchants from just about every direction. 360 degrees of mouth ajar, drool pooling awesome.

I can't imagine any female figure, or movie centric one, in the future will ever be able to come close to firing on every cylinder as this one has.

Wow so many getting flipped for bigger money. Oh man, I wish I had bought two also! I could've sold one to pay for both!!

I hear ya! :lol

It enchants from just about every direction. 360 degrees of mouth ajar, drool pooling awesome.

I can't imagine any female figure, or movie centric one, in the future will ever be able to come close to firing on every cylinder as this one has.

Agreed! :yess:

I thought Artemisia was a very close second and if they didn't hit at the same time I would've picked it up.

I now have a standard of expectation from GG.

I want a new GG Slave Leia.

Last edited:
Aw I'm bummed. I ordered through an Amazon seller which listed shipment next month, but Amazon is now saying they're going to cancel the order if the seller doesn't provide a sooner drop date. Ah wells...

Can anyone from the UK confirm if they have their Widow yet?
- Slightly worried that it's out already yet Collectables Direct doesn't appear to be in receipt.

:panic:

I may be wrong but somewhere in this thread I believe someone said that BW wouldn't be in Europe until the first two or three months of 2015. :huh

I got mine from SPACE in Germany in mid december, so some EU dealers have gotten her.

I figured this thread could use a few more pics. A bit washed out but ehh

64FFB8BC-6E5B-4D80-873B-E6BEF8D35D04_zpssuen8yzh.jpg

Great pics buddy and congrats! :clap She looks great...only a month or so to wait I'd say for the rest of us who ordered locally :impatient:

Quick question, doe she have any pegs on her feet that are permanently attached? How does she screw into the base?

Aw I'm bummed. I ordered through an Amazon seller which listed shipment next month, but Amazon is now saying they're going to cancel the order if the seller doesn't provide a sooner drop date. Ah wells...

Bummer. Sorry to hear that.

I got mine from SPACE in Germany in mid december, so some EU dealers have gotten her.

Ah. Maybe not all dealers have received their shipment?

Great pics buddy and congrats! :clap She looks great...only a month or so to wait I'd say for the rest of us who ordered locally :impatient:

Quick question, doe she have any pegs on her feet that are permanently attached? How does she screw into the base?

Andy, you're in England, right?

Back