Generic Stands and Custom Stands

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am thinking about picking up some generic stands to both save some space and make my displays more uniform. My collection of Marvel characters is a mix of favorites from various films and the latest ones (while cool) have the larger bases which don't really match the simpler oval bases my older figures came with (and the new ones take up more room). So I would like to get the oval bases for my AOU Thor, Cap, and Hawkeye. At first I looked around ebay thinking I would get the bases they used for the first avengers movie, but getting a few these would start to add up cost wise. Then I saw some generic ones and so I am thinking that might be the way to go.
Here is a picture of one I am considering...
610kG9+Cu8L._SL1001_.jpg

Is there anything I should watch out for when getting these? Any brands to avoid?

Also, the ones I have found have the name plate part, short of printing something out on the computer and attaching it, has anyone else found a nice way to "print" the character's name onto these like the official ones do?

Finally, I am open to other solutions if people want to share.

EDIT: I am sure this has been a topic talked about before but the search feature doesn't seem to be working now. With that said, I don't mind this being combined with an older thread if there is one by administrators.

I don’t use the stands. If the figure doesn’t stand on its own, I use a little blue tack and in some cases I will use the post and grabber in an inconspicuous way

Boba, if you were selling tickets to see your displays I would buy one. :clap

Admission is free but it's the drive is what kills most people :clap

Last edited:
I bought some of those cheap stands from the bay & they're aaighht. They do their job & keep your figs from shelf dives, just don't expect it to hold up a diecast figure. :thud:

I bought some of those cheap stands from the bay & they're aaighht. They do their job & keep your figs from shelf dives, just don't expect it to hold up a diecast figure. :thud:

I have had my diecast figures on these stands for months now, and have had no issues. I like these stands better than the newer HT stands, AOU style, because they take up less space.

Back