General Washington in the house

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gruff Old Bear said:
Of course, I may be reading too much Thorstein Veblen...

Oh yeah, I have the same problem. Don't we all? :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure being rotund was such a grand thing back then, either. John Adams was continually called "His Rotundity" during his term. Of course, he was short and fat, whereas G.W. was 6' 4".

LOL Well sounds like Georgie was a bit pudgy. The fat suit still looks a little weird to me...maybe I'm just not used to chubby actio *ahem* collectibles. Or maybe it just that Washington looks thin in paintings, but then...when the president says, "Take off about twenty pounds" you don't say no. The body "fat" seems ideal for a Benjamin Franklin. Of course we'd need ALOT more for Howard Taft. :naughty

The fat suit is too big. I was amazed when I opened the box. It's like an entirely different figure then the one pictured on the SSC sight. Washington wasn't ever terribly overweight even long after his tenure as commander of the armies. He was nearly always described as a striking figure. The fat suit is wonderfully stupid on this figure. Sculpt is very nice though.

A bit of an update. I sent my defective Washington to SSC for a replacement yesterday. I told them that I didn't want to send them the exclusive sword but they never said anything about it in the email replies. So I just sent them everything but the exclusive sword.
Also, is this something new or does Sideshow always send an email with a prepaid UPS label attached for returns?
So much better then Hot Toys, I've had to pay postage when I needed to send them a defective item that needed to be replaced.

:rock SIDESHOW ROCKS!:rock

This is sorta off topic but the other night on ABC's World News Tonight they showed a painting of Washington that was recently auctioned off....he was wearing the exact same outfit as Sideshow's.

Just got my notice about my waitlist reservation being turned into an order. I'm usually not really into 12" but this one looks good.

Tummy Tuck

If you wrap a little masking tape around GW's midesection, not too tightly, then it'll give him a bit of a tummy tuck, so he won't look so dumpy. Under the clothes, of course. Looks pretty good!

Did they have corsets back then for men?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Finally picked up this figure today with the sale price and some rewards points and a gift card--only came out to 20 bucks shipped!!! I can't wait, I've wanted this guy forever!

Captain Faramir said:
Finally picked up this figure today with the sale price and some rewards points and a gift card--only came out to 20 bucks shipped!!! I can't wait, I've wanted this guy forever!
u musta got the last one because i can't bring it up on their site

Hopefully not; actually when I ordered it came up as two, so I had to call so that I only got one. So I know there was at least one left when I ordered! :cool:

Captain Faramir said:

I hate to mention this, but I don't think you can use both rewards points and a gift card on a purchase... I'm surprised the site accepted it.

They did, which was great! Maybe it was a fluke, but hey, I'm happy! In any case he just got here a few minutes ago (SUPER fast seeing as I ordered him on Tuesday), and he is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a fantastic figure! Everything is top notch, truly worthy of the Father of our country. I love it! If anybody hasn't gotten him yet, I highly recommend him. He's my first non Star Wars or LOTR purchase from Sideshow, and I must say I am inestimably impressed!

Thanks, it's totally worth it! I love this guy. The outfit is lovely and the portrait is superb! Wonderful paintjob and fantastic sculpt. I'm so glad I got him; suddenly my collection seems so much more dignified. :D

With my interest in the period and a bunch of reward credits from my Star Wars purchases, cashing those in along with last week's sake seemed like an appropriate time to order ol' GW.

I got him this week and really enjoy it. Excellent work, Sideshow!

I'd be really tempted to get this if they made more of the Revolutionaries. Patrick Henry. Benjamin Franklin. Samuel Adams. Thomas Jefferson. I'd be all over it. If Washington can turn out this well, I know the others would be some of my favorite figures ever.

I'd be really tempted to get this if they made more of the Revolutionaries. Patrick Henry. Benjamin Franklin. Samuel Adams. Thomas Jefferson. I'd be all over it. If Washington can turn out this well, I know the others would be some of my favorite figures ever.

Ditto that.

I think this line is dead, thought. :(

Back