General Washington in the house

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think you will have a problem Screamingmetal. I would email Sideshow first, and let them know of the problem and see how they want to handle it. If it is satisfactory to you they may just ask you to post back the jacket and send you a replacement. Once they know what the deal is, I wouldn't think the 30 day time limit would be negated. I guess they'll let you know if that is the case.

The only problem I have ever had was my SDCC Angel's pants fly wouldn't do up, as I am not good at sewing, and their service is so good, they sent me another pair, after which I returned the faulty item. They did ask for a pic of the problem, but I didn't have a camera. It was so much more convenient than sending and repacking a large article. Maybe they did it that way because it was an international transaction. Don't worry your be jake mate.

Some one asked about the change in Georges' baby blues to brown. I did a little research on that very question and found that he had brown eyes. I also discovered that the uniform is almost spot on for the one He wore the Battle of Concord.
Brent:D

musketball said:
Some one asked about the change in Georges' baby blues to brown. I did a little research on that very question and found that he had brown eyes. I also discovered that the uniform is almost spot on for the one He wore the Battle of Concord.

Coowall! That's good to know! Thanks!

My FedEx problems sorted, and this one came yesterday! What a wonderful figure, can't speak highly enough. :banana

Eventually, I'm going to have every figure I own that comes with a sword standing side by side, with it raised in salute......to me.:wacky

He has excellent paint ops and the facial sculpt is spot on! Costuming is fantastic and love the telescope. Green sword is perfectly done. One map and 2 spurs! Only complaint is that the regular sword was poorly cut and is slightly off, but I'll let it go. My box is double sealed, it may be because the exclusive and regular share the same box. Love this figure! Goes with my Lincoln and the 2 revolutionary figures. It is too bad that sideshow's military line is stalled, but the competition out there is really fierce.

Anybody know where I can get a 1/6 boat? What other figures would I need to get to do a diaroma of his Valley Forge /Delaware crossing? Fun!

Last edited:
I was thinking about the crossing, actually. Not sure where to get the boat, but I'd want to get a few more American Rev. Soldiers, and then put their costumes on other characters, like the WWI soldiers or even face figures like Platoon in order to get variance in the boat. G.W. would look odd riding in the boat with a gaggle of clones.

On that note, has anyone else noticed that the Rev. War American looks exactly like the Nude Male Art S. Buck, only with hair?

Customikey said:
G.W. would look odd riding in the boat with a gaggle of clones.

:D The revolutionary soldiers all look like George Bush which would be rather ironic and funny. Yeah, I was thinking of other faces in the mix. Wonder if there are carded costumes from other companies for 12" revolutionary soldiers? Probably 5-6 figures would be enough. Boat will be near impossible to find I think.

musketball said:

Thanks for that!

Earlier, when I brought up the dang twisty-tie, I mentioned being unsure how much I wanted to cut the threads that held the jacket tacked in place for shipment. I've got him displayed now, and found that I did want to free the side of the jacket that the sword is on, so that I could place the blue ribbon better.

My wife looked at him next to Lincoln and said, odd to see them together like that. That's all she said. Like she knew them, just didn't think they hung out. I guess they're pretty lifelike.

As for Screamingmetal's problem and returning an exclusive, I did that with my exclusive Spike because I was unhappy with the paint. Sideshow CC said I must return the whole thing and assured me I'd get an exclusive back. Well, I eventually got an excellent Spike and a pair of the exclusive hands, but that seems to have been a sheer miracle and the box doesn't have the tray for the exclusive version; it has no compartment to hold the extra hands.

If you return that extra sword, my bet is you'll never see one again. If my Washington was missing a star, I'd ask for a star and glue it on myself...or drape him in the cape and forget it. Particularly if you like the paint job you've got.

Gruff Old Bear said:
If you return that extra sword, my bet is you'll never see one again. If my Washington was missing a star, I'd ask for a star and glue it on myself...or drape him in the cape and forget it. Particularly if you like the paint job you've got.

OH NO!!! At the moment my General Washington is missing in action. :sick The tracking claims he was delivered but can't find him anywhere! Of course the fact he was supposedly felivered after 11:30 :confused: doesn't bode too well either. No neighbors seem to have received him and if they did they didn't bring him back.

Now for the really bad part, I called FedEx, they said they'll notify the area FedEx Home on Tuesday and they'll get back to me 24-48 hours after that! :banghead Mine is the exclusive...I hope I get another exclusive...

Gruff Old Bear said:
Thanks for that!

Earlier, when I brought up the dang twisty-tie, I mentioned being unsure how much I wanted to cut the threads that held the jacket tacked in place for shipment. I've got him displayed now, and found that I did want to free the side of the jacket that the sword is on, so that I could place the blue ribbon better.

My wife looked at him next to Lincoln and said, odd to see them together like that. That's all she said. Like she knew them, just didn't think they hung out. I guess they're pretty lifelike.

As for Screamingmetal's problem and returning an exclusive, I did that with my exclusive Spike because I was unhappy with the paint. Sideshow CC said I must return the whole thing and assured me I'd get an exclusive back. Well, I eventually got an excellent Spike and a pair of the exclusive hands, but that seems to have been a sheer miracle and the box doesn't have the tray for the exclusive version; it has no compartment to hold the extra hands.

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I currently have him displayed with his cloak on and it works, but I would like to have the option of displaying him without. I was thinking of buying the coat parted out but it's too early for that. Also, the epaulets on mine don't look all that great, they've been cut a little unevenly so I'd like a whole new coat. I'll send an email to SSC and ask them if they can just send me the star which I doubt. If I do end up sending the figure back for a replacement, it will be sans exclusive sword no matter what they say. I just won't chance it. They can send me back a whole regular version that has been checked out to not be missing any stars or has crappy epaulets and I'd be happy.

I also removed the stitching holding the coat down and he looks better then he did strait out of the box (I did this just before I noticed he's missing a star). Mine was stitched up with his jacket fitting crocked so I had to do it.

I've had problems in the past with broken and missing parts/clothing. I have found two excellent web sites that will most likely carry the Washington figure broke down for resale. The Monkey Depot and The Battle Rhino. The service is great from both.

Brent:)

I don't want to say it can't ever happen, but I have sent exclusives back for exchanges and SS has always sent back the exclusive... they are pretty good. The sword is extremely nice so I can understand not wanting to risk it. It looks much nicer than the regular one.

Agent0028,

I've had similar problems with FedEx in the past. Did you call your local branch... the location where you have to pick stuff up in person? A few times, I've had them mark a package as delievered only to find it was actually waiting at the pick-up station. The website didn't have information for me, I had to actually speak with a local representative.

This one in a long line of problems I've has with FedEx but I have to admit UPS and DHL are no better.

Keep investigating. I really hope it shows up.

musketball said:
I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought the British figure looks very much like George W. Bush!!! I thought I was "loosin" it.

Brent:naughty

Very funny indeed, I expected to be alone in that assumption! :wacky :google :D

Thanks Rugby, it actually arrived today without me having to do anything about it. I'm guessing either it was mistakenly marked as delivered when in reality it didn't make it and was pushed back to today or it was delivered to the wrong place and...well who knows, I got it, and it had the DVD still with it so...:banana

Sorry for the double post....I was just wondering, what do you guys think of the "fat suit"? It just seems a little too fat for my tastes, maybe because I'm used to picturing the soldiers starving and freezing in Valley Forge...maybe it was just because washington was eating all the food! :wacky

Most importantly, how are you displaying it? I found that putting the stand around his waist pushes the sides in making the stomach bulge horribly. I finally settled on putting the stand up the back of his jacket and vest, which unfotunately causes the jacket to bulge in the back.

P.S. On a relatively unrelated note...I visited the Hall of Presidents at Disney World yesterday...they need to hire some sideshow sculptors.

P.P.S When Sideshow makes the line of Presidents, I want Andrew Jackson to have a pistol.

I don't mind the fat suit at all - he looks like a slightly pudgy 60 year old man. Ignoring the fact that the conditions of Valley Forge were greatly exaggerated over the years, George was never starving during his life.

I don't use stands to display any figure unless I absolutely have to, and with George it looks like he'll remain standing on his own without it. In other words, I haven't tried to use the stand.

Back