General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup we swept the Lakers right out the playoffs. The good ol days. Now we want to sign Bynum...... Entering the dark ages.

Re: NBA 2012-2013

andrew-bynum-hair-1.png

yea, i love how two of garfield's examples of the lakers sucking are the mavs sweeping us(went on to win NBA championship against the heat) and the Spurs sweeping us this year (went on to the finals and also swept in the west conf finals). in any case, i also love that garfield showed up AFTER the heat won the title. at least Wake has been here all along. as much crap as we all give wake, he's pretty much here the whole time.

Well Wake only started showing up when the Heatles came together and it's easy to stay here when your team has won each of the last 2 years...I wonder how high profile Wake would have been had they lost these past 2 seasons...I give much more credit to loyal laker fans who have been here thru thick and thin (and is only going to get worse :D)

I do not hate the Lakers. I simply stating my mind toward the stupendous comments by the fans. I'm being sarcastic here :exactly:
There is no hatred needed in sports. The lakers fans keep saying to reload in 2014 and think they can be an instant contender. I called them fake because the lack basketball knowledge. The question is which players are you going to sign? These players are untouchables: Lebron, Durant, Paul, Wade, Westbrook, Rose. These players might available: Melo, Stoudemire, Nowitzki, Pierce, Deng. Can they be an instant championship contender? The answer is no. I put them at 8 spot for next season even that one is a stretch. The remaining in the west will be Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Warriors, Rockets, Grizzlies, Nuggets. The Lakers will be lucky enough if they can be at the top again in 5 years. Bottom line is as long as Kobe is still around, no other top players will join the Lakers. It works with Gasol because he's an all-star not superstar.

I do not hate the Lakers. I simply stating my mind toward the stupendous comments by the fans. I'm being sarcastic here :exactly:
There is no hatred needed in sports. The lakers fans keep saying to reload in 2014 and think they can be an instant contender. I called them fake because the lack basketball knowledge. The question is which players are you going to sign? These players are untouchables: Lebron, Durant, Paul, Wade, Westbrook, Rose. These players might available: Melo, Stoudemire, Nowitzki, Pierce, Deng. Can they be an instant championship contender? The answer is no. I put them at 8 spot for next season even that one is a stretch. The remaining in the west will be Thunder, Spurs, Clippers, Warriors, Rockets, Grizzlies, Nuggets. The Lakers will be lucky enough if they can be at the top again in 5 years. Bottom line is as long as Kobe is still around, no other top players will join the Lakers. It works with Gasol because he's an all-star not superstar.

Saying players are untouchable is ridiculous. If you've been a fan of the NBA for the past decade, it is clear that anything can happen.

For this season I say grab LO , make a last fun run toether with these guys, enjoy them then regroup. Back up pau w. Kaman. If were injured enough we might even get a good pick in the draft.

Then you must be a cupcake and a muppet if you think Lakers won't re-sign him after next year. Your team will stuck with the ball hog for years. It's really fun drilling the bitter fans. :lol

Lol. It's funny, only heat fan in here for years and when another shows up everyone just thinks its e on anothe account.

Take it as a badge of honor. We know that you're the REAL Heat fan in this section. So, forgive us if we think it's you babbling along like this "NEW" Heat fan showing up.

Then you must be a cupcake and a muppet if you think Lakers won't re-sign him after next year. Your team will stuck with the ball hog for years. It's really fun drilling the bitter fans. :lol

I'm definitely not bitter. Kobe has been great for us laker fans. I realize that it's time to move on but if he wants to resign at a lower rate, that's fine with me. I still think we will get quality players and will have a solid team. Easy for you to dish out garbage after your team wins the title but I didnt see u in here defending them when they were on the brink in the playoffs, doesn't seem like it's us who can't take the drilling.

Meathook, a lot of what you say makes sense. No one is arguing that. I'm not saying that the lakers are winning a title any time soon. But I also think that they will figure out clever ways to create a solid team in the meantime. It definitely hurts us that we gave away a lot of draft picks and then didn't do a whole lot with the ones we had. Still, I like having that blank slate and at least being able to give Mitch a chance at putting something fun together. That's a lot more than other crappy teams can hope for.

Some people are blinded by their ignorance as well as brainwashed by the media. No matter how well you explain it to them, they would never understand it. People think it's easy to turn the team around like flipping a coin.

Also don't be surprise if Lebron' free agency will be spun that way over the next 12 months. Only those who are ignorant will believe such nonsense. LBJ would not join a rebuild team no matter how big your legacy is and how many rafters and retired jerseys you have.

Bottom line, rebuild is the best option. You can try buy championship by taking a short cut like what the Nets just did. To contend for several years copy of what the Spurs did with their team. It's the best example on how to build a good team for years. It's almost the same path with the Heat the way Riley has been doing it. He approached free agency instead of going through drafting. The Spurs and the Heat built the team around the big 3 by adding good pieces in veterans and young good players every year.

It would be interesting to see how they restructure Kobe's salary next year and how willing he is to negotiate his salary IF winning another ring is his priority. Like I said before if the Lakers is lucky enough, 5 years should be good before climbing back to the top.

Back