General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shumperts shot looked so good at the end of the fourth... thought it was going in. Terrible shot selection by Lebron though. Not sure if it is his ego or his unwillingness to trust in his team, should of made a pass to try to set up a better attempt.

It was out of a timeout so I don't think it would be Lebron's ego.. Seemed pretty clear that everyone knew that Lebron was taking the shot. My question is.. Why shoot a 3 when you have been killing them in the paint all night. Now you mess around and let Kyrie get re-injured after you should have won the game in regulation. That probably just cost them the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cavs should have won this one. Had the last shot, you HAVE TO MAKE IT.

If Kyrie is out the rest of the series, this will be over in five games... unless Lebron goes out and drops 50, 10 and 10 every time, doubtful though...

LeBron falls to 11 wins and 17 losses in the Finals.

.392 career winning pct.

.392 :slap

Just let that sink in for a moment.

Goodnite everyone :lol

Doesn't mean a whole lot. Karl Malone went 5 and 12 in the NBA Finals with zero rings. Still great.

LeBron falls to 11 wins and 17 losses in the Finals.

.392 career winning pct.

.392 :slap

Just let that sink in for a moment.

Goodnite everyone :lol

Jordan fanboy? Lebron hater?

Put Lebron on the Bulls and he would have won eight straight.

Give Lebron a non injured team he would win this series. Its not excuses its simply facts.

Its not excuses its simply facts.

Jstep's dislike of Lebron is known in these parts and it isn't going to change win or lose. Let him rant. :rotfl

I agree with the above statement. Any team missing two of the three key components would struggle to win a series against an equally (or better opponent). That isn't an excuse rather simply a fact.

Lebron was a beast last night but he won't win this without others stepping (way) up. Irving is gone.....whether to a new injury or the inability to mentally get back in the game with tendinitis. Very disappointing this could have been a fun series....I guess it still can but doubt is growing.

Jstep's dislike of Lebron is known in these parts and it isn't going to change win or lose. Let him rant. :rotfl

I agree with the above statement. Any team missing two of the three key components would struggle to win a series against an equally (or better opponent). That isn't an excuse rather simply a fact.

Lebron was a beast last night but he won't win this without others stepping (way) up. Irving is gone.....whether to a new injury or the inability to mentally get back in the game with tendinitis. Very disappointing this could have been a fun series....I guess it still can but doubt is growing.

yep, best to ignore him. There's a reason why many ppl don't post here anymore to begin with :wink1:

Imo, Lebron played horrible. I don't care who you are, throwing up 38 shots is never a good recipe to win. I didn't like the last shot attempt when he had success driving to the basket all game long. We've watched OKC players try and do this countless times and their teams have failed. Even the Kobe teams never won with him shooting that much. They are going to have to play completely different without Kyrie or a limited one. In the past, they actually play better team ball without Kyrie, but I don't think it will be enough in this series. They played pretty good defense for the most part.

If they lose Sunday, they will prolly get swept, but if they win, I won't count them completely out cause we've seen what they can do without Kyrie and when there is a complete team effort. I believe both times Lebron won it all, his team lost game 1, so that doesn't say much, but losing game 2, I give them no chance.

yep, best to ignore him. There's a reason why many ppl don't post here anymore to begin with :wink1:

Imo, Lebron played horrible. I don't care who you are, throwing up 38 shots is never a good recipe to win. I didn't like the last shot attempt when he had success driving to the basket all game long. We've watched OKC players try and do this countless times and their teams have failed. Even the Kobe teams never won with him shooting that much. They are going to have to play completely different without Kyrie or a limited one. In the past, they actually play better team ball without Kyrie, but I don't think it will be enough in this series. They played pretty good defense for the most part.

If they lose Sunday, they will prolly get swept, but if they win, I won't count them completely out cause we've seen what they can do without Kyrie and when there is a complete team effort. I believe both times Lebron won it all, his team lost game 1, so that doesn't say much, but losing game 2, I give them no chance.

I was referring to beast by imposing his will......no one could stop him unfortunately, it played to Golden State's favor. It appeared he didn't trust teammates because the same crew that helped propel thru the conference finals were relatively quite...especially in the second half. Irving is likely done either way physically, mentally and James (anyone actually) cannot win this without teammates. If they regroup, they can win a game or two however, I feel Cavs are done in 5 :(

Lebron is a great player...but I actually think he would be better and have more rings if he had come to the Western Conference. Anyways, Irving is done...Cavs are done...Warriors in 5...

F Man.....I was hoping for a team in the state to grab a championship to go along with the Buckeyes.....highly unlikely at this point. Cleveland is cursed....

I was referring to beast by imposing his will......no one could stop him unfortunately, it played to Golden State's favor. It appeared he didn't trust teammates because the same crew that helped propel thru the conference finals were relatively quite...especially in the second half. Irving is likely done either way physically, mentally and James (anyone actually) cannot win this without teammates. If they regroup, they can win a game or two however, I feel Cavs are done in 5 :(

agreed

Lebron is a great player...but I actually think he would be better and have more rings if he had come to the Western Conference. Anyways, Irving is done...Cavs are done...Warriors in 5...

why do you think that? Since I've followed Lebron his whole career, I would say the fact that he's never had 1 great coach is the biggest reason. When you look at it, Lebron has been considered more of the coach than the actual head coach on all his teams. He's never had someone that he truly respected. I know Cle owes a lot of coaches money already, but don't you think a guy like Jeff Van Gundy would make a very good difference over Blatt?

F Man.....I was hoping for a team in the state to grab a championship to go along with the Buckeyes.....highly unlikely at this point. Cleveland is cursed....

ya know, Paps 30 minute restriction on the whole roster system isn't looking so bad now lol. Rose and Chi have been plagued by a lot injuries recently too, so it's not just Cle. I agree with the guys saying Kyrie played too many minutes last night. Huge mistake.

agreed

why do you think that? Since I've followed Lebron his whole career, I would say the fact that he's never had 1 great coach is the biggest reason. When you look at it, Lebron has been considered more of the coach than the actual head coach on all his teams. He's never had someone that he truly respected. I know Cle owes a lot of coaches money already, but don't you think a guy like Jeff Van Gundy would make a very good difference over Blatt?

ya know, Paps 30 minute restriction on the whole roster system isn't looking so bad now lol. Rose and Chi have been plagued by a lot injuries recently too, so it's not just Cle. I agree with the guys saying Kyrie played too many minutes last night. Huge mistake.

Why do I think he would be better in the western conference? Because he would get to play with better players and while his road to the finals would be tougher, I think he would get to the finals and win more for sure. I think he would have at least 3-4 rings as opposed to 2 right now. He wouldnt have to organize a super team in the west...most of the good teams are already stacked and more balanced. I just think he would be less vilified and would have more rings. Saying he would be better is a stretch because he is already one of the greatest all round players ever but I just think he would have had more early success playing in the west.

If Lebron wins this series after everything that happened I think this title would mean more than the two in Miami. Of course the chance this happens is 1%.

Anyone else think Lebron will consider leaving? Injury prone Kyrie, Kevin Love ups and down and uncertainty of him staying, then all of the free agents possibly leaving this year, Smith, Shumpert, Thompson, Jones, Marion, Miller, Mozgov, Perkins, Delly, Love. Only team left would be Kyrie, Andy, and Brendan Haywood...

Add on that David Blatt is the worse coach to ever make it to the finals....

Will be interesting to see what the Cavs do.

If Lebron wins this series after everything that happened I think this title would mean more than the two in Miami. Of course the chance this happens is 1%.

Anyone else think Lebron will consider leaving? Injury prone Kyrie, Kevin Love ups and down and uncertainty of him staying, then all of the free agents possibly leaving this year, Smith, Shumpert, Thompson, Jones, Marion, Miller, Mozgov, Perkins, Delly, Love. Only team left would be Kyrie, Andy, and Brendan Haywood...

Add on that David Blatt is the worse coach to ever make it to the finals....

Will be interesting to see what the Cavs do.

I think Blatt is gone before Lebron........

I don't think Lebron is going anywhere. He is locked in until he gets that chip in Cleveland.

I don't think Lebron is going anywhere. He is locked in until he gets that chip in Cleveland.

I think your right.......I wouldn't say same for the coach. He has been under the microscope all season....... Unless a mini miracle happens Irving's injury pretty much sealed the series. Blatt is taking another hit (fairly or unfairly) for playing Irving too many minutes plus the rumored tension with the star player.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blatt was gone after this season wraps up (assuming they lose the finals).....They won't fire him mid next season if the team is under performing or continued questionable coaching and losing another year....James is getting too old to continue making changes. They make it now bringing in someone he trust and they ride that person out for the remainder or stay with Blatt and hope all works out.

Back