General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unless he changes his game, it really doesn't matter. He will get injured again and again until he adjusts. Can't go 100mph to the basket all the time. Team still needs to be blown up, just don't see how they could ever beat the Heat or Pacers in the playoffs as they stand. They play so hard on defense, even without Rose, they will still win a lot of games.

Rose out the rest of the year with a completely torn Meniscus. They went with the reattaching this to his knee option which takes 4-6 months to rehab. It sounds like people like Dwayne Wade might have suggested to Rose that he go this route.

Rose out the rest of the year with a completely torn Meniscus. They went with the reattaching this to his knee option which takes 4-6 months to rehab. It sounds like people like Dwayne Wade might have suggested to Rose that he go this route.

He's gonna be forced to restructure his contract soon.

This will be the all purpose NBA thread. Past. present, and future discussion.

Just to top it off.. Im offended Pau is ranked 15 while griffen is 14. They must value jumping high over being good at every aspect of the game.. And D Rose at 5 over Kobe at 6 (maybe 6th ring)?... Umm yea,, ooooooookay.. fragile guy has seen his best days. He's about as delicate as a rose.. Sorry Josh..

BODIE

quote from first post of this thread..

Im sorry to see rose go the way of steve francis. more of a flash in the pan.

He's gonna be forced to restructure his contract soon.

Yeah, I think so.

quote from first post of this thread..

Im sorry to see rose go the way of steve francis. more of a flash in the pan.

I hope not but I'm afraid so. :(

Well, I had Rose only playing 5 games this year. I guess I missed it by another 5.

So sorry he messed up your prediction. :pfft: You make it pretty easy to just not like you.

PS: I added the comma for ya instead of the period. :)

So sad to hear this. I hope he still recover with all this injuries, even thou its not looking good.

Just read about kobes giant two year extention. Seems really stupid to me. Am I missing something here?

Well you can look at it a couple of ways. I really don't see Lebron coming to LA (never did) but they could get Melo and someone lower on the totem pole next year and save room for 2015 when Love opts out, Aldridge becomes available too. In the meantime they didn't piss Kobe off and it looks good for the organization - it states the Lakers take care of theirs.

Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Well you can look at it a couple of ways. I really don't see Lebron coming to LA (never did) but they could get Melo and someone lower on the totem pole next year and save room for 2015 when Love opts out, Aldridge becomes available too. In the meantime they didn't piss Kobe off and it looks good for the organization - it states the Lakers take care of theirs.

Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Ugh, even if you can't bring in Lebron, I still think it was too much money. It's basically a business move rather than a competitive one. Oh well, I guess we have to wait it out 2 years and really rebuild from scratch.

Let's say Kobe leaves 8 mil on the table, which is what was being discussed. Who are you going to get with that, that's a game changer? They were never going to get Lebron and Melo so you get one and a couple of role players that'll work in DAntoni's system (he's never needed expensive players).

The Lakers have a good bench right now, they can have two superstars and save money for a 3rd who'll be available in 2015. I think you guys are over-reacting a little.

We'll see.. just seems like over paying against the cap (something I understood was so important) isn't a smart move. Seems like there could have been some sort of a nod and wink deal to maintain the best competative edge..

Let's say Kobe leaves 8 mil on the table, which is what was being discussed. Who are you going to get with that, that's a game changer? They were never going to get Lebron and Melo so you get one and a couple of role players that'll work in DAntoni's system (he's never needed expensive players).

The Lakers have a good bench right now, they can have two superstars and save money for a 3rd who'll be available in 2015. I think you guys are over-reacting a little.

I hear what you're saying but they put that much money down and who knows how well Kobe is even going to play after this injury. In any case, I guess if we get Melo it will at least be interesting...though I HATE MELO!:gah::gah::gah:

A team with two ball hogs like Kobe and melo would have to be playing a mutated form of basketball with two basketballs.

Back