1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1536088854547.jpgFB_IMG_1536088866761.jpg

Here you go. She looks pretty cool overall.

As far as X3 goes, they tie actors down to 3 movie deals so the Phoenix saga had to be done in X3. They had been working towards it since closing scenes of X1 after all. I can't fathom why they thought it wouldn't work as the A plot unless it was the loss of James Marsden to Superman Returns?

View attachment 425472View attachment 425473

Here you go. She looks pretty cool overall.

As far as X3 goes, they tie actors down to 3 movie deals so the Phoenix saga had to be done in X3. They had been working towards it since closing scenes of X1 after all. I can't fathom why they thought it wouldn't work as the A plot unless it was the loss of James Marsden to Superman Returns?

I honestly think that the studios just don't understand the Phoenix storyline. They've basically done it twice now, and both times it isn't much more than "Jean Grey goes Super Saiyen". I think that they don't get that it isn't just about more power and more epic fight scenes.

And yea, that figure looks awesome. Definite buy.

It can't be easy to get to grips with a woman losing her mind but the Logan movie proved that keeping it tight with an emotional core is not only possible, it's actually really popular.

Gutting the emotional core from Angel's story made him a soulless caricature. Nobody cares about him at all.

See, while I accept that X3 was weaker than X2, I do think the Beast was awesome. Multiple Man was fun. The action scenes had a pacing that the other movies lack and I find them to be among the most exciting in the franchise.

But there were a lot of other things that were really annoying. Hollowing out Jean's story was a mistake. So many cameos that got disintegrated for shock value. Callisto being tweaked for casual plot points. Angel should have got in on the action and ended up in a uniform at the end. X4 should have followed on with Mr Sinister to lay the groundwork for Cable, Rogue gaining super strength, the Marauders, the fall of Angel, and Apocalypse. It was a natural progression that would have showcased the actual X-men.

If you leave out X3, you lose the Wolverine as well, which was good fun, albeit I don't think Viper or Silver Samurai were well done, Mariko was note perfect and the I Dream of Jeannie sections were great.

First Class was a great movie but cocked up the time frame, so the movies I have to leave out are Wolverine Origins and First Class on my rewatches.

DOFP the Rogue cut missed an opportunity to give Rogue her strength. I'm guessing Anna Paquin wasn't available long enough to do any great special effects but a stunt woman could have done the action scenes.

Despite all this, in my head, I'm building my own X-movie head canon. The movies only provide a snapshot. Lots happens in between and Sinister has use for Banshee, Havok, and Apocalypse...

I agree on pretty much all this.

i love all of the xmen movies. not all perfect, and im not a comic guy, so im not as offended or bummed as you hard core. but kinda like star wars. even though i cant watch phantom menace or even think its a great movie, an awesome ewan obi wan and darth maul keep me back in it. lol im loving the incoming xmen figures we are about to get. been waayyyy to long

Timewalker toys has iceman ,Cable, psylocke up for pre order fyi. I'm still hoping mystique gets released toys era said like month or 2 still will be released. I do wonder if they will officially release now that copywriting bs is done. I'm pretty damn happy with most unofficial x men release's at half the damn costs of official release's. I want more baddies Juggernaut Apocalypse, Mr. Sinnister, doctor doom. I cant wait for my Cable n iceman.

I would not mind paying more for official releases but they would have to show a willingness to release something. The franchise seems a bit too fragmented for them and the figures they do provide seem popular enough. I don't think it would be wise for them to crack down on this franchise when Avengers knock offs are probably more of a concern.

Damn. I remember that show 10 years ago where HT had a booklet announcing the Spider-Man, Blade and X-Men trilogies at the same time. 10 years later and here we are.

10 years ago would have been right around the last time Marvel clamped down hard on X-Men merch.

Sweet what store's in u.s will carry her for pre order ? I have the toybiz standing by so can have a white n black suit 4 Storm.

I'm waiting for soosoo toys version the quality on both quicksilver n flash are very good and been better then other's so worth waiting for imo.

Back