1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect to see OG figures come out down the line now that Disney has the rights. I expect to see more wolverine, mystique and Deadpool tbh

If you mean Jennifer Lawrence mystique that’s a no go. Disney buying fox does not mean they own the likeness rights that fox did not secure. Most of the first class actors did not sign likeness deals at all because fox did not require it so it doesn’t matter who then buys fox. Those actors still control their own likeness rights.

And you don’t have to take my word that she retained her own rights.

8174857E-89AE-4A1D-8907-A19786F86C57.jpeg

I am in for Iceman.

I wonder if I should track down cyclops and Jean since I have everyone else.

I am in for Iceman.

I wonder if I should track down cyclops and Jean since I have everyone else.

Toys-Era made Laser Eye for Cyclops and CGL made Phoenix Girl for Jean Grey.
I’m not sure if either of them are still available.
You might need to scour the internet for them.

Yes! Finally a good iceman! I’m in. Maybe my custom can retire now.
70de222720e27b6522cd004d0dcb99c3.jpg

Hopefully a nightcrawler in the works as well.

They do finally have many of the classic X-men in the next movie, although rumours of delays do not bode well. If Marvel makes a successful movie then maybe it might jump start something but we got Logan from the Wolverine and nobody from Days of Future Past, which was well received.
I hope Marvel doesn't break stride with the X-men. They could recast if they wanted but the X-men require no origin story, much the same as the Hulk. As long as they don't use characters that have died, without explanation, and cast adults, not children as the core X-men that have featured to date, there are plenty of X villains they could use even if Magneto and Mystique never appeared again. That said, making Aunt May 'hot' and putting Peter back at school clearly rebooted Spiderman again so it could go either way. It's not as if the X-men are not as popular as the Avengers. I'm sure Cyclops is as popular as Hawkeye for example. There must be some other reason why they made the choice not to bother.

Disney will use The X-Men....eventually. There are conflicting stories on whether or not they'll allow "The New Mutants" and "Dark Phoenix" actually see the light of day. From that they'll put them out to they'll make them direct to streaming/video to they'll scrap them out right to focus on the MCU versions of these characters. When Disney utilities the mutants in the proper MCU, then I think you'll see HT really hit that license hard. The question is who will be part of the team at that particular point. Even if TNM and DP are released I don't expect a big merchandising push because it'll be the last ones out of the door but I have no doubts that Kevin Feige already has plans for characters (I'm sure we'll see lower tiered mutants first as a gateway) and HT will be with them to capitalize on even just the buzz of their first real entry into the MCU. Same goes for the Fantastic Four when we see them eventually.

The likeness on the painted portrait there really isn't that great. Good thing it doesn't matter so much with the ice version.

I'm definitely in. Also loving that they're going for the original trilogy first so we get matching uniforms for the ones already released.

ice man looks sick and that base is awesome, didnt expect something like that outta toys era. still looking forward to seeing soosoos version but i have a feeling ill be going with this one.

It’s SooSooToys turn at Ice Man
Bearded version from X-MEN DOFP

Attachments

• 77387757-4613-4684-8EBD-2539C5A7EA9F.jpeg
    77387757-4613-4684-8EBD-2539C5A7EA9F.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 304
By the time the X-Men come into the MCU are we still going to have Iron Man, Captain America, Thor even around?

I'd expect them to be into the next stage of Avengers by then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Personally I'd rather the bearded version mainly because of the slightly different uniform he wore in DoFP, it's still black leather which is rather boring, but it's just different enough to add some variety to the shelf.

Better still would be a complete 'frozen' bobby although I'm not sure how they could do that convincingly.

By the time the X-Men come into the MCU are we still going to have Iron Man, Captain America, Thor even around?

I'd expect them to be into the next stage of Avengers by then.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's kind of how I feel about the Fantastic Four too. They would've been great to have around but now at this point I don't know how they'd fit in.

Back