1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3f4c4e4328569f1d61c6325fb3b80591.jpg

5489e857b7c4137d662112cb06a5b945.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was totally expending the costumes at the end of the training scene in Apocalypse to be what they would wear in Dark Phoenix.

I've long given up on expecting the (newer) X-Men movies to have continuity or even era-appropriate costumes (90s costumes in a movie set in the 80s, 2000's costumes in a movie set in the 90s).

Should receive Nightcrawler today or tomorrow. Watched a french review ou Youtube yesterday and the guy was pissed because he couldn't swap suits. He said that parts of the red/blue suit are glued on the body.

Also, the tail isn't glued there, it's just a peg. Confirmed that the swords are metal.

It sounds as though it would be better to get a spare body for the 2nd outfit and spare head. Not worth the risk of damaging the material to switch outfits.

Ugh... So Nightcrawler's my all-time favorite, but Toys Era messed up a few things again. I wonder at what point during production they said : "Bring the ductape!". And why is he so freakin' tall?

20191003_214244.jpg
20191003_125934.jpg

But alone on his shelf, he does look cool.

20191003_221108.jpg

Also to be fair the actor that plays Nightcrawler is like 6'1 and Brolin is 5'10 on his tippy toes....lol....I am curious how he looks next to any of the HT Wolverines though....I should have mine in a few days so I guess I'll find out.

Yeah the Mechanical is pretty accurate to what Brolin's height really is. Nightcrawler looks like he's gigantic though.

I'm over the moon with my latest additions, two heads customized by Myke dela Paz. The realistic one is just absolutely beautiful, but I'm just as thrilled that I now have an animated series version.
20191007_161252.jpg
20191007_161915.jpg
20191007_162019.jpg

got my nightcrawler today and although its amazing im super annoyed about the fact you cant put his second costume on which you pay extra for the deluxe edition.
I tried putting the suit over his existing suit but it just wont go, and i cant remove his orginal suit with tearing the costume.?
Toys era why include this if it doesnt fit, also theres no where for the tail to go ?

Toys era the nightmare is quite a good name for that figure because boy have i had a nightmare with it, as a figure from apocalypse danger room scene it's accurate and wonderful, but i bought the extra costume and it just doesnt gomon the body i tried to remove the suit and it causes so much damage the lef and foor ribbons all come apart the tail is attatched to the body so doesnt come away, the suit is so tight i broke the belt and ended in a real mess..so plan b i bought a second body for the second suit... The feet didnt fit the joints so had to buy yet another body and the colour obviously doesnt fit also the suit is so tight when putting on a body the trousers stretch and pull apart the material and fade the paint as it pulls, its like they never expected the suit to be used ? Has anyone else had any luck its been A NIGHTMARE.

Anybody know what the next CGL/ Soosoo/ Toys Era X-Men character is slated to ship next? It feels like we got Nightcrawler earlier than expected and now I am confused as to which to expect...

-James

I ended up making two customs when all I planned was to make one. *Was going to sell one and keep the other, but like them both too much now. Keep them both now.

DSC07933 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC07936 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC07937 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

The head on the original Toys Era was really big and the figure was also too tall. (Left figure) So I gave him a new phicen M33 body and swapped the head out for the Marvel Icon Night crawler. (Right figure)I put the Toy Era Head on another bash I had done and was really blown away how cool it looked. So I guess these represent Movie (Left)and Comic book (Right) takes on the character.

Back