1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to the constrains in producing the special designed seamless body, a few issues were discovered during production, which includes joints cracking, distortion of texture details and skin colour fading.

Although we have spent a lot of effort with more materials and different manufactures, unfortunately the defects still exist beyond our control.

We deeply regret to inform you that we had to give up on the long developing seamless body. We sincerely apologize for the long delay and appreciate your support and patience on our products over the years.

In return, we have made an all new fully costumed Figure TE031, which perfectly matches with all of our announced & up-coming team members. This premium figure will include a second head sculpt and extra costume as an upgrade to the previous.
The Pre-order for TE018 The Mystery figure will be transferred to the new TE031 figure for the same original price. (Exclusive to the TE018 PO Buyers). Alternatively, TE018 buyers can request cancellation and refund of deposit from the retailer.

Will be interesting to see who else they announce:

"which perfectly matches with all of our announced & up-coming team members"

e1d7b700a83abdb7c58115d834d1ce27.jpg

c0858ff370ccd0fed00b1be209a97f43.jpg
a445bd342558571e7b7cbaa6a7f04eb8.jpg

ed271c9ceec66337873fc0c0edb3ce94.jpg

2fb5cc1fada4a18ce0bf2c058e80e515.jpg

88b14e674157b15c05ea81554897a49a.jpg

d2b26eee31d27c35b67fdd8f0bad9786.jpg

795de57e4c5e2b707cb388df2494ac35.jpg

3c859aae8ded0f280e9b33a03b9921bf.jpg

e95e0f0befcac68dc04c416815369aea.jpg

b1270d02070eba49e0cfadc1c4e9aef1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the word from OSK that Toys Era has given up on the seamless version of Mystique, and I've been given the option to switch my order to the new one or get my deposit refunded. I'm taking the refund.

I would have been happy with a jointed sculpted body rather than seamless.
Why haven't they included her blue hands the iriginal was supposed to come with ? Or the dp head sculpt ....??
As her hair was totally different in that film.
Id be tempted to do a custom body for her.

I know the x men film aren't true to continuity but this figure makes me uneasy its bits a pieces thrown together in my eyes.

I would have been happy with a jointed sculpted body rather than seamless.
Why haven't they included her blue hands the iriginal was supposed to come with ? Or the dp head sculpt ....??
As her hair was totally different in that film.
Id be tempted to do a custom body for her.

I know the x men film aren't true to continuity but this figure makes me uneasy its bits a pieces thrown together in my eyes.

Yeah, I personally avoid the seamless bodies altogether, with the exception of a single Thor figure I own. It's just too hard to trust what materials are being used in the seamless figures, and if the specific chemical formulas of the materials will last for any length of time. I definitely appreciate Toys-Era being upfront about the issues and pulling the fig from the lineup, rather than pushing it out to market and letting the chips fall as as they may.

It's funny how after decades of toy manufacturing that there isn't a known set of reliable formulas flexible materials, so companies aren't inventing the wheel each time. I've seen some of my sisters' flexible bodied Barbies from the 60s that are still in perfect shape, and they were played with and exposed to all manner of heat and humidity. Someone needs to reveres engineer whatever those were made from. The same goes for the tack of old Marx horses we had as kids, the soft pliable plastics used for the saddles, reins, etc are still in great condition and still soft.

Toys era made blue hands for the other figure they were seperate to the body same as the head so why not include them?
Im warming to the figure but the wrong hands and head on the wrong suit is driving me insane.
I hope they dont put mohawk storm in dark phoenix suit my OCD can't cope.

I wish they had made a sculpted nude body in this time as a back up.

Yuck, is that the outfit she wore in the latest movie? I will say the likeness is much improved, but the head is unfortunately looking a bit undersized in the full body shot.

Yuck, is that the outfit she wore in the latest movie? I will say the likeness is much improved, but the head is unfortunately looking a bit undersized in the full body shot.

The yellow and grey is from Dark Phoenix, the white/blue/etc. is from that one scene at the end of Apocalypse.

Can't decide on this, I like both head sculpts but am undecided on the costume, I mean it looks ok as far as costumes go it's just that I would have so much preferred the seamless look but i get that it's difficult to pull of although I had hoped they would crack it, maybe someone else will.

I hadn't noticed the head/body proportions until you mentioned it, but yeah, that head's too small. It almost looks like it's suffering the same proportion problems as Threezero's Skully, but Toys-Era's body is a bit thicker.

LOVE this figure! SooSoo Toys are 2 for 2 so far in my collection. Quicksilver was off the charts and now her.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
59e3df2b2de334f0b3eb45db8fdff9ec.jpg

Last edited:
Take the following with a grain of salt. I've heard some stories and theories about the figure.

1. No way PHICEN/TBL would have made a deal with TOYS-ERA to use their seamless body.

2. TOYS-ERA supposedly approached JIAOU DOLL (or the other way around), but a deal couldn't be made due to $, design, and quality requirements.

3. The primary issue TOYS-ERA faced was achieving the design requirement for the figure's skin texture based on the original prototype.

Back