1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve not gotten my iceman yet but I saw some pictures on Facebook and It’s not looking good. Two subpar figures in a row. I’m fearful for how cable will turn out. Luckily that is the last pre-order I have with them.

The pics I've seen have looked decent to good IMO. About as good as I expected.

DSC_0572.jpg
Well, Storm is an absolute win. I expect the Iceman to be better than my current placeholder, which is still pretty decent. I'm excited to finish this line-up.

FYI this Jean is the Phoenix Girl head with a slight modification and repaint.

I'm glad to see the blue/yellow suit McAvoy Xavier, but I was hoping for a reveal of the blue/yellow suit Fassbender Magneto that they teased a while back. Or maybe that was meant to be a tease/test for this figure. Either way, it's up for preorder at OneSixthKit.

Since the Xavier and Magneto flight suits are so similar, I hope that they actually do release a Magneto figure with this suit. But I also wouldn't be surprised if they just released this and left it to people to kitbash a Magneto on their own. I already have a McAvoy Xavier figure with the wheelchair, but I'd (probably) pick this up if I knew a matching Magneto were on the way.

View attachment 439553
Well, Storm is an absolute win. I expect the Iceman to be better than my current placeholder, which is still pretty decent. I'm excited to finish this line-up.

FYI this Jean is the Phoenix Girl head with a slight modification and repaint.

I just ordered Storm because of you lol. Seriously i watched the same reviews again and again and the suit looks great. With Iceman on the way, Cyclops, Colossus, etc... i really needed Storm.

Might try to do some shading in the hair, it's not all white.

20190112_003555.jpg
20190112_003529.jpg

I just ordered Storm because of you lol. Seriously i watched the same reviews again and again and the suit looks great. With Iceman on the way, Cyclops, Colossus, etc... i really needed Storm.

Might try to do some shading in the hair, it's not all white.

View attachment 439611
View attachment 439612

The hair isn't just white though. It has a lot of subtle colouration. You could probably darken the roots a bit more with inkwash. I haven't posed her properly though as I'm running out of room and stands. I've used the black cloak. The little studs are subtle enough that you could use the uniform non cloaked and not even notice. The silver one I think I will save for a Polaris custom.

That's a lot to pay for a pretty basic outfit at that point, though.

Does that plastic breastplate part come off? It's kind of ugly. If you used just the suit it probably looks better.

Not in English, but hey it's at least something for a review for Freezer/ Iceman

It actually looks pretty good, though I need a better look at that ice head to be certain

Not in English, but hey it's at least something for a review for Freezer/ Iceman

It actually looks pretty good, though I need a better look at that ice head to be certain

Looks pretty good, mine arrives monday.

The human head only looks ok from a certain angle, so it's gonna stay in the box.

I know Toys Era have used Marvel art work on the inside of the box on the inner sleeve before.
That inner sleeve looks like a movie still from The Day After Tomorrow
LOL

I seem to remember an Apocalypse figure being teased some time ago which I would like to see also Archangel which would make an awesome figure, I'm going to hold out for the SooSoo Iceman so I hope it gets made.

image.jpeg
Soosoo teased this photo before christmas so I doubt they have cancelled this figure.

I really want toys era to give us an update on Mystique i hope we get that figure this year, its been on pre order for so long.
Same goes for five stars Storm.

I seem to remember an Apocalypse figure being teased some time ago which I would like to see also Archangel which would make an awesome figure, I'm going to hold out for the SooSoo Iceman so I hope it gets made.

Soosoo does look more exciting for sure. I went for a plain old Angel custom based off a Ben Foster head sculpt.

DSC_0102.jpg

Back