1/6 General 1/6 X-men thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think a regular version of Jean Grey would appeal to a lot of people.
CGL did the Dark Phoenix version with two sculpts and it didn’t sell out quickly.
It is hard to find now however.

I love collecting X-men but really she is very far down my list of want's just because she would be the most incredibly boring figure, I'd actually prefer an age of apocalypse version purely because the uniform is a little more interesting.

I don’t think a regular version of Jean Grey would appeal to a lot of people.
CGL did the Dark Phoenix version with two sculpts and it didn’t sell out quickly.
It is hard to find now however.

Those sculpts barely looked like Famke though. I think one of these companies released a better likeness, it would do decently well.
I do think Rogue would be more popular, though.
I would also love to see an Emma Frost from First Class, but doubt that will ever happen.

Those sculpts barely looked like Famke though. I think one of these companies released a better likeness, it would do decently well.
I would also love to see an Emma Frost from First Class, but doubt that will ever happen.

Emma Frost from First Class can be easily made from a TBLEAGUE seamless body a blonde head sculpt
And a 1/6 lingerie set off of eBay.
It won’t look too much like January Jones but I’ve seen it done.

The paint app on CGL washed out Famke's likeness. I widened her mouth, repainted her lips and cut her hair. It's hard to show on camera but in normal lighting, it is there from some angles. I based my tweaks on her publicity stills from X2.

DSC_0033.jpg

Definitely the likeness suffered. I do think better sculpts would sell a regular Jean figure. I'm not sure you're right about Rogue though. I am a HUGE Rogue fan. She is my favorite comic character. It seems that most Rogue fans were ticked at her portrayal in the movies. Although I would not pass on her, there's nothing about her that would make her more popular than Jean.

Why do they all keep doing the same character as each other?
I mean, I guess it’s nice to have options but damn. There are so many more characters they could do instead of ones already being done.
I’m still holding out hope that one of these company’s makes a proper Jean Grey in the uniform.

EDIT: I just realized that the SooSoo Iceman is bearded, so he must be from DOFP. So, I guess that’s okay...

They're just going after each other to beat them to market. If you look at 3rd Party Transformers its the same thing. One guy announces a 3P character and the 2-3 others all of the sudden announce theirs too.

For those that own Laser Eye-

Did anyone swap out the body? From the little info I can find on the internet about this figure, his arm wont touch his visor with the stock body- is there a solution anyone recommends?

Did anyone swap out the body? From the little info I can find on the internet about this figure, his arm wont touch his visor with the stock body- is there a solution anyone recommends?

I think the suit's the problem. The material is too stiff.

I did but I woudln't be able to tell you to what b/c i honestly don't know. I was lucky enough to have a spare body with very tight elbow joints that I swapped to.

So happy that I finally received my FigureMasters Storm! I’m quite happy with her. I’m not huge on the rooted hair head, so I quickly changed it to the sculpted hair head. I really hope FigureMasters does more X-Women! I’m quite impressed with the costume on this.
90252CAE-085C-48A9-A18C-3BFE1A60183F.jpg

Reversed the cape, too. Looks much better with the silver on the inside. Of course, the small detail on the ‘clasps’ of the cape are now covered, but not a big deal.

Also took a shot with the other head. It doesn’t stay on as well as the other one, though. The peg hole is too loose.
15D2E271-8310-4541-B9DA-206A9CC4BF8B.jpg

Still no update on the Toys Era Psylocke figure?
I know Timewalker Toys has had it as shipping on December 2nd.
Has anyone ordered her from them?
Are there any photos anywhere other than the promo pics?

Back