Gene Hunt: BBC "Life on Mars"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doom Saber, if your eyes are up to it, I think it would be pretty easy to paint the crocodile pattern, especially if you use textured paint and shade the colors. I've painted at least a couple of pair of real leather boots with acrylic paint and I haven't had any trouble with flaking or anything like that.

I was browsin on store-room and think this might be a good reperesentation for Gene's boots despite that it isn't accurate

Image.aspx

Yay! I looked up this thread about 30 minutes ago and was sad because there were no updates, but now I am happy!

Can we get a picture of the sculpt to whet our appetites?

Looks cool. Seeing that it is a wip and your final work on your other sculpts ends up looking like the individual they are based off of, l cannot wait to see the finish piece

Yes amazing :joy I want one, painted of course. My Gene hasn't arrived yet though :rolleyes:

Excellent! Spot on, as always Spenser. You're a flippin' genius you are! PMing you asap.

I've gotta go tell the rest of the Whovers.

Hi Steven, I've just made payment for a painted Gene Hunt to be shipped to the UK. I made the decision after spending a couple of hours looking through your work here - beautiful!!!

Please paint Gene as the ruthless bastard we know and love, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Hey Spenser

I'm sure you are up to your eyeballs in Beatles and Ghostbusters and Maximuses (Maximii?), but when you get a chance could you post a picture of the finished John Simm? I'm almost certainly going to order two casts from you, but I really want to see the final version before I put the official order in. I hope I'm not being a pain.

Thanks

Thanks, I'd like to order both together when they are available. I hope it's soon :pray:

A shout-out to Doom Saber for a timely eBay link to the right colored dye for Gene's coat. I still need to add the buttons, but other than that, I am pretty happy with it.

gene-coat.jpg

I also realized I have some hands in my parts bin that can pretty easily be modified to his iconic driving gloves which I think really are necessary for the proper Gene Hunt look (since the chances of a 1/6 Cortina seem a bit dim :monkey2).

I've also continued to get parts for Sam Tyler -- I think I have just about everything now either ready to go or on the way except his head. I'm going to send Spenser a PM about it since it's been about three weeks since I last asked. I know we are all waiting for Sammy-boy to make his appearance.

Is it deffinate that Gene Hunt is available now, the reason i ask is that i have PM' d spencer many times asking to buy this sculpt but never get any reply from him.

Back