Gears of war system, to get or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, i purchased a new 360 recently even though my Elite was working fine, the Main reason was that my Elite was getting a little long in the tooth/the warranty had expired 12 months ago so if it went "pop" I'd have to pay for repair (to expensive considering how short a time the repaired console is covered for).
The only reason I was able to do it was cause of the excellent trade in I got for the elite.

If your in the same situation i was then I'd say go for it !

Sorry bro, there is no debate here. I don't doubt Sony service would be any different than Microsoft. Remember, I bought the 360 first. If the PS3 ever crapped out and Sony gave me the cold shoulder, i would probably boycott their product too. Luckily my PS3 has been problem free, so I have no issue with Sony as of yet. I have no allegiance with any console, so you see I am as objective as you can get too.

I really do get a laugh out of the customer service debate. If you really think Sony is better than Microsoft or vice versa in terms of customer service for the most part, you are delusional. I've had to replace the laser on 2 PS3s. The first one was a month out of warrany and Sony said tough luck it going to be $150 to repair it. I've replaced two 360's as well because of the RROD after two years and Microsoft replaced both of them at no charge only because it was RROD, if it was a laser, they wouldn't have.

And before you call me a fanboy of either system, I own 2 PS3's and 3 360's so I'm as objective as you're going to get. They both only care about the $$.

That being said, I bought the Gears 3 Console because I love Gears 3 and I could use the extra console. I/We actually use all three consoles.

:lecture :wave

Back