Gears of war system, to get or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper33

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am currently thnking of picking up the new gears of war system, but am not 100% sure. I currently use the halo 3 system with a 120gb hdd, with about 22gb left.

Is it really worth getting the gears bundle? If so where is the best place to pick one up at currently?

Tough call. Your systems getting on, but if it's still working, it's probably a good one. 22 gigs is a decent amount of space and you probably have some stuff on there you wouldn't mind losing too. If you love Gears and want a new system, I say why not, but it doesn't sound needed. Did I help?:dunno

Waste of money. Why buy a new Xbox when yours works fine. Just a money grab to sell more Xbox systems in my opinion.

Plus it looks to be glossy= finger print magnet and easy scratches :(

My elite was fine I suppose. So I didn't need to get the gears system. However, I'm a big gears fan, loved the look, and had enough room to keep me just fine for quite some time. I don't regret pulling the trigger at all.

I was thinking the same thing since my old 20gb pro died last year. But I seriously can't justify a new system for just one game. Still, it sucks that I will never get to finish the trilogy.

Waste of money. Why buy a new Xbox when yours works fine. Just a money grab to sell more Xbox systems in my opinion.

This is why Microsoft makes so much cash, fans buy the new cool looking one when theirs still works and others buy a new one when theirs brakes due to manufacture sloppiness.

I'd really like to see a poll of customers who have bought more than one 360 console

I thought about getting this though as i havent had a 360 for a few years after my first and replacement broke, but i couldnt justify buying it for one game.

If you've already got a console that works then there's no reason to buy another, unless you've just got money to throw around.

Besides, the Star Wars Xbox looks cooler.

I still have my first XBox 360. It works great and I see no reason to drop down hundreds for another one that isn't really needed. Too many other things I can spend that money on.

Gears is the only game you play on the xbox?

Good question. After my XBOX360 broke, I asked Microsoft for help and they just gave me the cold shoulder saying I was 6 months out of warranty. Ultimately, they suggested I buy a new system. I was so upset with their customer service. But I did go out and buy a new system- a PS3!

The only games I miss out on at this point is HALO and Gears of War. Halo I can deal with not playing for now, but I do love Gears; hence, my current struggle. :(

Last edited:
Good question. After my XBOX360 broke, I asked Microdsoft for help and they just gave me the cold shoulder saying my warranty was 6 months out of warranty. Ultimately, they suggested I buy a new system. I was so upset with their customer service. But I did go out and buy a new system- a PS3!

The only games I miss out on at this point is HALO and Gears of War. Halo I can deal with not playing for now, but I do love Gears; hence, my current struggle. :(

Same here, except i did get a replacement and that got RROD too, after that i got a PS3 and never looked back, except for Gears of War 3.

Good luck.

Thanks.

Same here, except i did get a replacement and that got RROD too, after that i got a PS3 and never looked back, except for Gears of War 3.

You and me both dude. The 360 was fun to play, but I took care of that thing so well and it still crapped out on me.

Maybe I can borrow the console and game off a buddy a little later down the line.

This is why Microsoft makes so much cash, fans buy the new cool looking one when theirs still works and others buy a new one when theirs brakes due to manufacture sloppiness.

I'd really like to see a poll of customers who have bought more than one 360 console

I thought about getting this though as i havent had a 360 for a few years after my first and replacement broke, but i couldnt justify buying it for one game.

I will be buying a new 360 in the next month in time for Skyrim. my second 360 died a couple months ago (the elite) l will just buy on of the kinect ones instead of the gears console, they are a hundred bucks cheaper. I hate the kinect stuff though, l just wish l could buy a new elite for $299 instead of the new kinect consoles, but that's Microsoft for you.

I really do get a laugh out of the customer service debate. If you really think Sony is better than Microsoft or vice versa in terms of customer service for the most part, you are delusional. I've had to replace the laser on 2 PS3s. The first one was a month out of warrany and Sony said tough luck it going to be $150 to repair it. I've replaced two 360's as well because of the RROD after two years and Microsoft replaced both of them at no charge only because it was RROD, if it was a laser, they wouldn't have.

And before you call me a fanboy of either system, I own 2 PS3's and 3 360's so I'm as objective as you're going to get. They both only care about the $$.

That being said, I bought the Gears 3 Console because I love Gears 3 and I could use the extra console. I/We actually use all three consoles.

:lecture :wave

If you have the money, go for it if you really want it. Way I see it even if you already have a perfectly fine 360, you can use one for the family room and keep one in your room.

I was gonna borrow my nephews' 360 but they wouldn't let me :lol

I don't blame them. When l was on my second 360 l wouldn't let anyone borrow it not even my brother for the night. l actually never even moved it the whole time l had it. Those systems crap out so easily l wouldn't trust letting anyone borrow mine.

Back