Gears of War Kinect?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
https://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1134355p1.html

Though Kinect has been a big success for Microsoft since debuting on November 4, many hardcore gamers have turned up their noses to the innovative camera controller because they think it's just an enabler for minigame collections, casual fare, and rhythm stuff. If you go by the launch library, well, they have a point. But a reliable source tells IGN that's all about to change.

According to our tip, Microsoft is using the Spike TV Video Games Awards (VGAs) to introduce some big action games, including new titles for the Kinect. The headliner is Gears of War for Kinect, coming straight from Epic Games. Now, we cannot clarify whether or not this is an all-new Gears of War for Kinect or if it's an existing Gears of War game, retro-fitted for the camera controller. But it definitely clicks with recent rumblings that Microsoft wants to get in front of the conventional wisdom that the Kinect is only a toy for casual gamers and family.

We reached out to Microsoft for comment. Microsoft returned our request for additional clarification with the traditional "we can't comment on rumor or speculation." IGN has also put in a request for comment from Epic Games, but has not heard back yet. If Epic Games has a statement on this story, we will certainly pass it along.

But what do you think? Would you welcome a Gears of War for the Kinect? And if you have plans to resist the Kinect, does the promise of Gears for the camera controller at all change your mind?

Interesting, I am very curious how this would work.

I'm not a fan of the entire motion sensor gaming revolution.

For me it seems a little childish and defeats the point of gaming, for me anyway, which is to relax in the armchair on an evening.

I'm a fan of using Kinect with the controller but I'm worried about a full Gears game using the Kinect.

Imagine though in Gears using the camera to put your face on your character, using the microphone to give commands, and using your arms to give commands in the game or to motion to teammates/enemies.

For me it seems a little childish and defeats the point of gaming, for me anyway, which is to relax in the armchair on an evening.
I'm not sure gamers who plunked down coins into stand-up cabinets at the local arcades long ago would agree with that viewpoint! :wink1:

I'm not sure gamers who plunked down coins into stand-up cabinets at the local arcades long ago would agree with that viewpoint! :wink1:

Standing and smashing buttons vs sitting down and smashing buttons are virtually the same to me. Standing and jumping around and moving your arms to do ____ is completely different. I do not like this direction.

If it's an older game that they are going to make available on Kinect..I would be interested to see how it works out...but I hope this is not for the Gears 3. I'm just not into this motion capture stuff.

Standing and smashing buttons vs sitting down and smashing buttons are virtually the same to me. Standing and jumping around and moving your arms to do ____ is completely different. I do not like this direction.

If it's an older game that they are going to make available on Kinect..I would be interested to see how it works out...but I hope this is not for the Gears 3. I'm just not into this motion capture stuff.

Wow. I guess people are really adamant about this. I just didn't see how scoring points to advance through levels should be limited to a hand controller.
It would've been really cool to perform a curb stomp by actually moving my feet...

Back