Gears of War: Judgement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was waiting for me when I got home...so MS store delivered on that 'get it by 19th' promise......still waiting on the preorder codes...hopefully that's sooner than later.

So, I loaded up the game, having already paid for the VIP, and see that they have weapon skins, character skins, and now double XP all available for purchase....

$60 doesn't buy a whole hell of a lot anymore....

Last edited:
I played the campaign for a little bit. I'm not sure I like the changes they made for this game. I mean it's fun....but so far it's not blowing me away. I was able to turn it off after 2 hours of playing...that would have been unheard of with the previous GoW games.

I think what is taking me out of the story...is how they are telling it....through multiple perspectives. Hopefully I will enjoy the changes after I play a bit more.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm enjoying it, but the stat breakdown after every little skirmish is getting tedious and pulls me out of the experience every time.

I know what you mean. It makes it feel like you are playing a bunch of mini games - rather than having it be one fluid story.

I know what you mean. It makes it feel like you are playing a bunch of mini games - rather than having it be one fluid story.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it, if it was my second play through. Initially, I'd like to enjoy the narrative experience.

I'm curious about Aftermath though. I haven't heard anything about it prior. Does it continue right after Gears 3?

I THINK it occurs during Gears 3....but I'm not sure. I found this online:

Gears of War: Judgment will have a special unlockable mini-campaign taking place during the events of Gears of War 3, called Aftermath. The Aftermath campaign is an epilogue to Judgment's main story, centering on Baird, Cole and Clayton Carmine's mission to track down reinforcements before the COG invade Azura during Gears of War 3.

Senior producer at Epic Games, Alan Van Slyke, says the choice to include Aftermath is two-fold. "Aftermath is two things. One, for the Gears 3 fans who wanted more traditional Gears 3 content, it's there to satisfy them," he said. "Two, I think it gives us a chance to bookend the trilogy, so we have Cole and Baird leaving to go get reinforcements at the end of Gears 3 and we're able to build upon that. So it gives Judgment this nice additional content to be able to bookend the trilogy with something that happened right after Emergence Day prior to Gears 1, and also plays off of the traditional Gears 3 content."

Mine was waiting for me when I got home...so MS store delivered on that 'get it by 19th' promise......still waiting on the preorder codes...hopefully that's sooner than later.

So, I loaded up the game, having already paid for the VIP, and see that they have weapon skins, character skins, and now double XP all available for purchase....

$60 doesn't buy a whole hell of a lot anymore....

MS said the codes should be delivered within two days, so we should have them by end of week.

Love the game, but then again I love all the Gears games. Telling the story from different perspectives is a little distracting, but it is not enough to hinder my enjoyment of the game. Played for about 3 hours and just started level 4.2. Can't wait to try the MP modes.

I havent gotten to the campaign yet. I jumped straight into multiplayer mode and well its fun but I totally agree. I turned it off after about 2 hours worth of play. Its fun, but the changes seem a bit drastic and unnecessary. I havent seen any executions, no more downs, no locusts only cog on cog. Its hard to tell the players apart as well.
The red vs blue doesnt feel like its enough of a difference to really tell the teams apart in the heat of battle. It was always easy to see a giant locust coming at you or a human cog if your playing locusts. Now its just cogs all over. Still getting used to the buttons as well. I keep hitting my d-pad for my pistol. Gotta get used to it.

I havent gotten to the campaign yet. I jumped straight into multiplayer mode and well its fun but I totally agree. I turned it off after about 2 hours worth of play. Its fun, but the changes seem a bit drastic and unnecessary. I havent seen any executions, no more downs, no locusts only cog on cog. Its hard to tell the players apart as well.
The red vs blue doesnt feel like its enough of a difference to really tell the teams apart in the heat of battle. It was always easy to see a giant locust coming at you or a human cog if your playing locusts. Now its just cogs all over. Still getting used to the buttons as well. I keep hitting my d-pad for my pistol. Gotta get used to it.

There's no COG vs Locust? Huh...

There's no COG vs Locust? Huh...

Not in Compeitive mp only this overrun mode

Ok, I played for two hours and here's my thoughts:

maps are awesome but way too few -

Gog versus Cog (ie red versus blue) = horrid....why no locust? This is GOW not halo

new controls = cool, no issues

Graphics = very nice

My biggest issue: Human versus Human.

Is there a Horde or Beast mode or equivalent?

Overrun feels like Beast 2.0 to me

For anyone that pre ordered from somewhere and got a specific pre order character along with the classic hammerburst I have a question that some of you might know the answer too. I've not yet received my game ( not out in the UK until the 22nd ) although they've emailed me a code that apparently entitles me to " Alex brand and hammerbusrt dlc ".

I've put the code in and it's now saved to my xbox although when downloading it , the code only said " Alex Brand " with no mention of the hammerburst.

For those of you that got an exclusive pre order character and the classic hammerburst was it two separate codes , one for the gun and one for the character ?... or just the one character code that enabled you to download them both ?.

Ah , nevermind , the hammerburst code ships in the case apparently.

I really want one of those webbing skins , temped by ebay but I know they usually end up putting most of the skins up anyway either with the season pass or for sale.

Overrun was kinda cool, but not as addicting as Horde to me

What's everyones take on it?

MP is fun, but I don't see it having the legs of past games...

I played for a couple of hours yesterday and did the other three perspective and now on Cole Train baby WHOOOO! I like the campaign so far and have been getting 3 stars on every mission so far. I really don't like the changing of the perspective and would rather have that team perspective like in the past GOW, but this time allow switching characters on the fly.

If I could the switching on the fly I would be behind Sofia Hendriks at all time! Those black pants of her is something to me.

I will probably save the campaign for Friday night......For MP, my fav mode, by far is Free for All!!! Good stuff!

Update: well, played a couple games tonight, and as of now, I ****ing detest the MP. TDM with all COG is my biggest beef. Next is the fact its a greande-throwing fest now, and on top of it all, the Overrun mode, while cool, isn't a mode I can play more than once or twice at a time. Its better than Gears 3's Beast mode, but not by much. That said, I will definitely be playing Free for All, the only mode I am loving

The fact that there are 4 maps for most modes, with another, what...tTwo maps for the other modes? Six maps for a Gears game? Plus the fact that you have to pay a ****load of money it you want weapon and character skins, not included in the $20 VIP.......this game is, for now, an EPIC FAIL

Haven't played Campaign, really hope I love it, otherwise this game is gonna sit on my shelf more than not

Last edited:
Just finished Aftermath. I actually liked that a lot better than Judgement. Reminded more of the previous Gears games. Don't know how much replay value this game has for me....probably will be the first Gears game I trade in....Bioshock is next week.....

Back