Gears of War 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If part of a trilogy, could this be the empire strike back of the trilogy with a dark cliffhanger ending? :chew

Some analysis

First, Marcus is clearly still the protagonist. Duh. But also, we can hear Dom's voice in the background, pleading with Marcus to find his wife if he doesn't survive the upcoming battle.

Is this dialogue meaningless, meant only for dramatic effect, or is it a piece of the sequel's storyline? Could Dom actually be killed and replaced with a new coop partner? We doubt it... but we also doubt the script of this teaser is accidental. Expect a grimmer, darker follow up. Marcus mentions death multiple times and one panicked grunt screams, "Oh no, they're all dead! They're all dead, Sarge!"

The gruesome chainsaw battle between Marcus and a Locust also hints at what we might experience in the actual game. A big complaint about the original Gears was the randomness of the chainsaw. When you went at a baddie or multiplayer opponent, the odds of your saw beating the other guy's saw seemed completely arbitrary and, thus, grew increasingly frustrating. We hope such clashes will now result in dueling minigames, complete with counter attacks and finishing moves (like the blade to the back shown in the teaser above... and much like the "active reload" minigame in the first Gears.)

Man, I can't wait for this! I really need to meet up with you guys online so you can Pwn me! I am basically a newb to online multiplayer... not having played much since the Quake 3 days...

Man, I can't wait for this! I really need to meet up with you guys online so you can Pwn me! I am basically a newb to online multiplayer...
What's movie have you seen that has the mos profanity in it?

Multiply that by X100 and that's what you get when you play with us, if you can handle that then. :rock

What's movie have you seen that has the mos profanity in it?

Multiply that by X100 and that's what you get when you play with us, if you can handle that then. :rock

Oh, I can handle getting constantly stomped on! I use to play Quake and Quake 3 over at a friends house... he had a lan setup with 8 machines at the peak, and most of the guys who played every night were very good multi player guys. I came over once a week or so, and would get killed within seconds of spawning most of the time... but I still had fun! :D

...and profanity doesn't bother me too much.

Jory you play? You will have to meet up with us idiots! :D

havent played gears for a while, been playing halo 3 n shadowrun (i dont know why alot of people dont like this game, this game rocks!). anywayz, my xbox live gamertag is rex n effect 06 would love to play with y'all

I'm such a Gears fanboy. That teaser gave me a boner. Ima go play some Gears on-line right now and get pwned. :woo

From Official site:

So by now there’s a slight chance you’ve heard something about a little game called Gears of War® 2. Well, the secret is out: Marcus Fenix returns in November 2008, and things just got a lot more interesting. Gears 2 is under development at Epic Games, the studio that created the original blockbuster, and they are hell-bent on bringing a bigger, badder, and even more intense experience to your Xbox 360® this holiday.

The first Gears of War was a technical masterpiece that introduced gamers, in glorious and gory detail, to the full potential of high-definition visuals. By utilizing the technological advances built into the Unreal® Engine 3, Gears 2 is primed to raise the bar yet again. Do you think you know all about "Destroyed Beauty?" Just wait.

Gears of War 2 will continue the saga of Marcus Fenix and Delta Squad as they fight to save humanity from the overwhelming onslaught of the Locust Horde, and will mix the series’ trademark tactical action gameplay with an epic story of survival, loss, and retribution—and killing Locust. Lots and lots of Locust. So whatever assumptions you’ve made, forget ‘em. Whatever your expectations are, raise ‘em, because Gears of War 2 is coming. November 2008 is right around the corner, and it’s going to be one hell of a ride.

i enjoyed the first game but was a little mad when i found out the pc version had extra levels so ill probably just rent this game or borrow it from my cousin which i know he'll get it for sure

Limited Edition here I come :rock

I plan on taking off work for a few days for this one. I predict this will be the best selling game of all time.

Back