GDB Studios, Hollywood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GDB's Godless Creations

Wow, your work is amazing! Love the Locke head.

Just to be clear, the head below (although very nice in it's own right) was not painted by gdb.

Hope it's O.K. for me to quote from another thread:

Hey !! a special Lost section with only John Locke !...

...for now, we all expect more characters soon !

From https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60877&highlight=locke&page=3%22

Just in case (like me ) you didn't know that thread existed!

These clothes, with GDB's paint job would be my ultimate grail!!! :emperor

Last edited:

Thanks guys, and welcome to the board Eiko82!

I think it has to be because I came to LOST in season 2 and only caught up on the DVDs before season 3, but I really don't associate John Locke with wearing a vest. To me he's a pair of cargo pants, T-shirt, and a knife. On that note, and I am a BIG fan, don't get me wrong, but they must have been carrying a load of T-shirts from Australia to LA because everyone on the show seems to have a selection of solid colored T-shirts in just the right size. LOL

Interesting.

Vested Locke is definitly etched in my memory. In season one I imediatly decided he was my favorite character!

I'm probably also a little biased for the vested look because I love my McFarlane Locke.

P1030429.jpg

But a 1/6 version of this would be soooo much cooler!!!

here's my locke that the great gdb painted for me thanks again my friend
100_0315.jpg
locke.jpg

here's updated pic with Evilface Decals

Last edited:

Thanks for posting that Keysta! I love getting seeing the heads I've painted living up to their potential like that. He is looking good there, bro!

Thought it was time to do some photo updates on my John Locke project. I've walked back some of the dark spots on his head. They just seemed too old-manish. I've also corrected the colors of his eyes.

I'm finishing the second head I got of this guy and I can't get enough of him. I've taken a ton of progress pictures of the second one and, while I am hardly an authority, if I get around to it I'll put together I tutorial based on it maybe. Anyway, here's my first attempt all dressed up in his island gear.

hero-4.jpg
leftprofile-2.jpg
rightprofilehead.jpg
squinting.jpg

that's an awesome head sculpt:chew

but for the body a because he's wearing a t-shirt a HT 300 King Leonidas body might be better (if you can get it)

Here's a Human Spike I had the pleasure to repaint. It is a gorgeous sculpt!

d8dcb713.jpg

5539068f.jpg

Excellent work! Spike is probably Sideshow's best 1/6 sculpt ever.

Thanks everyone!

Keysta -- I dig the new LOST stand you've added. Nice addition.

Beeshaw -- I've seen your Locke and he looks fine! But... a season one vest-wearing Locke on one shelf and a season six "I'm sorry you had to see me that way," Locke on another... Just sayin'. ;)

DarthMagnus -- Hey bro! Thanks for that! I want everyone to know that you are the one who dragged me kicking and screaming into taking commissions instead of just painting on spec.

Fresh off the painting area is Nek74's fantastic sculpt of Wikus Van De Merwe -- the District Nine guy for the few who haven't seen the movie yet. He's a great sculpt, fun to paint. But very challenging with many levels -- there's just so much going on with him. So much blood and gore and dirt and grime and alien eye to paint on him. If you haven't seen the sculpt before it's been in this thread.

9f2b088d.jpg

60d1beef.jpg

da4fd17e.jpg

15350e65.jpg

f0eb52ed.jpg

63d5628d.jpg

9ce92512.jpg

Wow! Now that is truly impressive. :bow

I have a feeling you're about to get flooded with paint requests.

DarthMagnus -- Hey bro! Thanks for that! I want everyone to know that you are the one who dragged me kicking and screaming into taking commissions instead of just painting on spec.

Hehehe my pleasure dude!!!:naughty That Wikus is f'n awesome bro.:google If I were you I'd feed him some cat food fast before he changes full blown on ya man!!!

Yeah gdb I got some work for you get your brushes ready my friend I love it
15350e65.jpg

Thanks for all the support and kind words and recent PMs, everyone! I appreciate it!

Back