*Gasp* I can't believe I am going to say this, but ...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
I really cannot rationalize spending 220 bucks on a slab of polystone/i.e. Jabba's throne. I know, blasphemy of blasphemies, but it doesn't make sense. I applaud Sideshow for creating this set. But I cannot see myself spending 375 for the complete collection. I have pretty much decided to go with Jabba and Sal through a side vendor. Can get both shipped for around 130 bucks. I am creative enough to create a base for Jabba. Sigh... the only thing I will miss is his hooka setup. But I can live with that ... since that 200 bucks will go to buy the Slave Leia statue from GG... yum !

P.S. I haven't cancelled the base yet. Maybe I will get a windfall in the next month or 2. But as matters stand, I just cannot justify it right now.

P.S.S. Sideshow, you are going to lose a crap-load of business releasing all this stuff in January and early Feb. Don't you people realize that most of use have holiday gift bills and CC to pay off?

I cancelled the throne long ago. I realized my interest was more in the characters themselves than creating a diorama. I'm just getting Jabba and Crumb through another retailer to save some bucks.

DouglasMcc said:
I really cannot rationalize spending 220 bucks on a slab of polystone/i.e. Jabba's throne. I know, blasphemy of blasphemies, but it doesn't make sense. I applaud Sideshow for creating this set. But I cannot see myself spending 375 for the complete collection. I have pretty much decided to go with Jabba and Sal through a side vendor. Can get both shipped for around 130 bucks. I am creative enough to create a base for Jabba. Sigh... the only thing I will miss is his hooka setup. But I can live with that ... since that 200 bucks will go to buy the Slave Leia statue from GG... yum !

P.S. I haven't cancelled the base yet. Maybe I will get a windfall in the next month or 2. But as matters stand, I just cannot justify it right now.

P.S.S. Sideshow, you are going to lose a crap-load of business releasing all this stuff in January and early Feb. Don't you people realize that most of use have holiday gift bills and CC to pay off?

They won't lose one penny since most of the stuff people are canceling have lots of people on a wait list. And its ok to cancel the base if thats what you want. You choose to spend the $ on a Leia statue and I chose to spend it on the throne... no big deal either way.

Ahh... if people keep posting this kind of information, they might realize that $200 is way to much for a polystone throne. Way to much. Have a look around the SSC web side to see what else you can buy from that kind of money! Just for the record: ordering the throne costs a EU collector $270, shipping and taxes included.... I know, I know, I can still cancel the thing.

$270... the Weta Balrog was only $30 more at the time. Man, I should have ordered it!

madden821 said:
They won't lose one penny since most of the stuff people are canceling have lots of people on a wait list. And its ok to cancel the base if thats what you want. You choose to spend the $ on a Leia statue and I chose to spend it on the throne... no big deal either way.

Madden, I didn't mean to sound like I was chastising people who keep the throne. I am sure there are many people out there who either A.) have a larger budget than I or B.) are willing to give up other collectibles in order to buy the throne. And if that's the case, I salute you.

I do disagree about the waitlists. Sure there are people on waitlists. And it will not matter in the case of SW. But I see a lot of Terminator and Lornes getting cancelled ... and they don't have the waitlist. And my comment was made more in a general sense. They released Maul right before X-mas and then hit us with Bib the day after. That's 100+ bucks. Now, if all holds true, we will get the PF Yoda/Luke and Sal in January and then Jabba and the Throne sometime in early Feb. And I wouldn't be shocked to see Leia in early Feb. too. That's a lot of stuff. I love Sideshow but I am really getting sick of these drought or flood shipping schedules. Either give us a better hold system or better schedule this stuff to allow us to build up money to spend on it. Okay, that was a mini-rant... sorry about that :D

I canceled all of my Star Wars 12"er's including Jabba, his throne and the Crumb pack....The only one I kept is Ventress.
There is going to be too many of them and I can't collect the entire line....not with the Polystone and PF pieces which I much prefer coming out...Not to mention Master Replicas pieces!
I have kept all my LOTR 12" preorders though...Those are releasing with my less frequency...so I'll keep those.
I sold all my 12"ers save for Obi-Wan and Ani/Vader.

Did Jabba have his hooka pipe setup on his barge? I could make a nice little wooden base to elevate him and then use pieces of cloth to cover it. I know most people prefer the palace setup, but that could make a nice display. Put the Leia statue in front of him and that will cover up most of the front. The Leia is listed as 1/7th but looking at my Vader and Boba statures, they are the same size as a 12 inch fig, so I think it will work.

Sir Tristram said:
I canceled all of my Star Wars 12"er's including Jabba, his throne and the Crumb pack....The only one I kept is Ventress.
There is going to be too many of them and I can't collect the entire line....not with the Polystone and PF pieces which I much prefer coming out...Not to mention Master Replicas pieces!
I have kept all my LOTR 12" preorders though...Those are releasing with my less frequency...so I'll keep those.
I sold all my 12"ers save for Obi-Wan and Ani/Vader.

Sir T slowing down??? Say it aint so!! You are one of the kingpins of purchase power :cool:

I canceled the Jabba set-up awhile ago. I canceled all SW 12".

I don't need to collect every line. Right now, I am just collecting the LotR Premium Format and Legendary Scale busts. Not sure if I wanna get into the 12" LotR line or not just yet...

And, backtracking and getting any polystone pieces I can get.

So, no figures for me either.

:cool:

I'm going to cancel the throne but I'm trying to hold off canceling Jabba himself.
There's two LOTR figures, two Terminator figures, two Buffy/Angel figures, The Zombie, Crumb Pack, Sith Droid pack, and that HT Ancient Elder Alien that should all be hitting me in the next couple of months. So It'll probably be good by Jabba.

Agent23 said:
I canceled the Jabba set-up awhile ago. I canceled all SW 12".

I don't need to collect every line. Right now, I am just collecting the LotR Premium Format and Legendary Scale busts. Not sure if I wanna get into the 12" LotR line or not just yet...

And, backtracking and getting any polystone pieces I can get.

So, no figures for me either.

:cool:

i started cancelling with maul inclusive/jabba and friends.so on and so forth...have all the previous exclusives though and there going soon enough.....marvel for me only..im growing up..i've worked out i dont have the space:eek:

I am no longer going to try to be a completist with the Star Wars 12" line. But I am going to get the complete Jabba setup. That will give me the chance to have one display with pretty much all of the main characters of the original trilogy, except for Vader, Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Yoda, but they will all go to my Jedi/Sith shelf anyway. So any figures that don't belong in one of those two places aren't going to make the cut.

There's nothing rational about collecting. It's expensive and in the end, you're not going to be able to take it with you. I am keeping the throne, mostly because it adds visual appeal to the whole set. I think sideshow did overprice this, how it will pan out in the secondary market is hard to say. Most of us who collect overextend ourselves because there's so much to want and sideshow keeps putting out incredible stuff. Nothing wrong with being choosy unless you have an endless budget. There are a lot of nice stuff to get with $200. The throne is unlikely to be a make or break piece, however it makes it all fit together. I'm a little poorer that is for sure.

I growing ever closer to saying the same thing Douglas. Not based on the cost though, but on room issues.

canceled my throne 3 days ago. not worth of $200. I will, however, try to get it thru secondary market if the price is reasonable.

$200 I can get a decent statue e.g. GG rancor or leia.

Money is made to be spent.

Buy you buy what you like.

If you are canceling now, you prolly should not have placed the order in the first place.

Those saying you can get a statue of XXXX instead, but that XXXX is probably available in every format from about ever single company, but it still isn't going to be a awesome detailed Jabba throne that isn't.

I still don't see why Sideshow had to make the base out of polystone. I think it would've been more affordable if they used hollow plastic and it would've looked just as good.

DouglasMcc said:
Madden, I didn't mean to sound like I was chastising people who keep the throne. I am sure there are many people out there who either A.) have a larger budget than I or B.) are willing to give up other collectibles in order to buy the throne. And if that's the case, I salute you.

I do disagree about the waitlists. Sure there are people on waitlists. And it will not matter in the case of SW. But I see a lot of Terminator and Lornes getting cancelled ... and they don't have the waitlist. And my comment was made more in a general sense. They released Maul right before X-mas and then hit us with Bib the day after. That's 100+ bucks. Now, if all holds true, we will get the PF Yoda/Luke and Sal in January and then Jabba and the Throne sometime in early Feb. And I wouldn't be shocked to see Leia in early Feb. too. That's a lot of stuff. I love Sideshow but I am really getting sick of these drought or flood shipping schedules. Either give us a better hold system or better schedule this stuff to allow us to build up money to spend on it. Okay, that was a mini-rant... sorry about that :D

I didn't mean to sound like I was mad or anything... I just ment to say that its cool if you cancle the throne since your wants are different than anybody elses. There is no way I am going to be a completest on this line or will I have the funds to get the premium format figs but I loved Jabba as a kid so this one was a given for me (even though it took me a day or 2 to get the throne I am glad I did) and in reality this will be my one and only Premium Format Fig. Also, I do agree that this is a tough time to ship so many items but I set aside the Jabba money when I ordered so I am ok with it at least.

madden821 said:
...and in reality this will be my one and only Premium Format Fig.

Keep searching, incredible as this one is; he isn't a PF.

Back