Gangster Squad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point is they're making a gesture and people are turning it into a "don't let the psycho win" scenario. Its ridiculous, let them do what they want with their film and release it whenever.

Exactly. They are doing it and people are whining already.

I at least understand the sentiment of the folks who want to see the original version in its entirety, in fact I can agree to that; but the rest of the whining just looks like bored posturing. :lol

^ That's what I was thinking. :lol

God I hope no one dresses up like a hobbit and goes on a killing spree anytime soon. :(

They should take out TDKR from the theaters too right?

I haven't heard of Nolan or the studio making that offer. I'm glad they didn't, but I wouldn't have whined if they had. :lecture

After seeing the nuts wanting to sue the studios I'm even more accepting of the studios wanting to protect Gangster Squad. CYA > whining fanboys.

The point is they're making a gesture and people are turning it into a "don't let the psycho win" scenario. Its ridiculous, let them do what they want with their film and release it whenever.

They already removed the trailer and moved it up 6 months. I understand they're making a gesture, but we're just saying it isn't needed. They already made their minds up and are changing it.

They already removed the trailer and moved it up 6 months. I understand they're making a gesture, but we're just saying it isn't needed. They already made their minds up and are changing it.

And.. as I said, I would love to see it in the original form, my response is to the extreme views of things like wishing the director would stand up to the studio, where does that get them? Just a divided front and probably further limbo.

If I was the studio/director I wouldn't change a thing. All your doing is giving more notice, and in some ways power to the psycho. This is exactly what he wants. Attention.

Hope it's unchanged on the Blu.

Caught the new trailer for this at the cinema last night. It looks pretty epic!

If I was the studio/director I wouldn't change a thing. All your doing is giving more notice, and in some ways power to the psycho. This is exactly what he wants. Attention.

Hope it's unchanged on the Blu.

If you were the studio, you would have to change it. If you were the director, you would have no choice.

Saw Gangster Squad tonight and really, really enjoyed it. The acting was great, as to be expected with Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Ryan Gosling, etc. Regardless of the change, I think most of you will really enjoy the film.

Really enjoyed this...the acting was top notch, as expected.

I, too, was disappointed by the whole delay and re-shooting thing. But in the end, the film still turned out great. Can't wait to see the deleted scene when it's released on Blu-ray.

Seeing the trailer for this I was hoping the the next "LA confidential" type of film...my fingers are crossed

Back