Gandalf the White PF - Official Picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason2885

Super Freak
Reaction score
A guy over at GGC.com got him today. He looks pretty good to me.

LaMelnik said:
#252 of 500.

The wife is going to LOVE it.

Gandalf002.jpg

Gandalf004.jpg

Gandalf008.jpg

Gandalf010.jpg

Gandalf011.jpg

Gandalf015.jpg

Gandalf017.jpg

Gandalf018.jpg

Gandalf019.jpg

Gandalf020.jpg

Re: Gandalf the White PF - shipping notice!!

The costume is amazing. Probably the best I've seen on a PF. And if the sculpt looks that good in those crappy pics, then I'll bet it looks a hell of a lot better in person.

Thanks for posting those Jason.

YAY!! I knew it would look better when we got to see the collector pix of this statue, its looks AMAZING IMO!!! I can't wait for this now!! This is torture seeing more pix before I get him!!! The costume and sculpt look WAY better than what we've seen on the SS website!! Come on SS send me the damn tracking number quick sticks!! :lol

Looks pretty good but I still not regretting that I sold it.

He's actually not too tan. Looking at my camera screen I thought - damn, he is dark. But then I look up and in the naked eye he's properly pale. Perhaps all the white around him makes the skin appear darker.

pf_gan01.jpg

pf_gan04.jpg

Trying to show the detail work on the shirt - the camera doesn't really capture it too well.

pf_gan05.jpg

pf_gan07.jpg

pf_gan06.jpg

pf_gan08.jpg

The one problem I had with the prototype was that the scabbard was solid plastic when it was empty, but they've fixed that. There's just a hilt that comes in and out if you want to display with sword drawn and the scabbard looks properly empty with the hilt out.

pf_gan11.jpg

But why couldn't they get the hilt correct? It shouldn't have what would appear (or at least simulate) to be metal wire wrapped around it.

:huh :dunno :huh

Nice pictures actually...
but cant help thinking that it looks like an expensive 12" figure.

Nevertheless, they did a good job on the clothing and looks spot on, if a little less fitted than i would have expected.

This looks MUCH better than the prototype/press imagery on Sideshow's site. Not sure what mechanisms they use for their photography, but seeing this "in person", it does look much better.

Not sure, but it looks to me like they made some SLIGHT mods to the beard and hair around the face to tone down the problem of the LONG looking face and head.

Honestly, I think it captures GTW pretty well and Ian McKellen pretty well too. Now...the pose...that is what I am not keen on...

Geb

Again, after seeing these pics, I'm glad I haven't pre-ordered this. Even though the outfit is outstanding, great eye for detail, the head is a total miss in my opinion. Of course, it's obvious that you can see who it is, and I know that (facial) hair is difficult to sculpt, but it's not Gandalf the White for me.

I do see a slight improvement from the original proto-type pictures, but it's still not as good of a sculpt as for instance Aragorn PF (from what we can see on the preview/proto-type pictures).

Am I the only one that's not 100% positive about this piece? :confused:

GREAT, GREAT pics Dave. Better than any of SS's. I can't f'n wait to get this piece.

I wonder how many who canceled are hoping their wait lists come through after getting back on the list?

Back