Gandalf the White PF - Official Picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics everyone!!!

Sadly.

Its hard.... not to notice the "Santa Beard".
I'm sure someone will do a great job on a repaint of this GTW PF fig!
I had to cancel my preorder for this Ex.
I'm fairly certain that this will be available, for a good long while at retail or less IMO.​

Last edited:
Just a comparison picture. To me, especially the moustache and the beard are way off.
02.jpg

Thanks for the comparsion pics Polylord!

Am I the only one that's not 100% positive about this piece? :confused:

Nope, I'm right there with ya, I don't see this being any different from the SS pics. The pose is weird, Frodo PF pass, GtW PF pass, Aragorn pass.

OK joking, Aragorn PF is awesome! :D Getting that one fo' sho'!

Beren

Probably two of the worst pics to use as comparison though. The real Gandalf is very shadowed and that's just a horrible pic of the PF. Use one of Dave's as a comparison.

Ok here you go. I still don't see much improvement in the points I mentioned. And if you don't like the real Gandalf pic, feel free to post a good one so we can see them side by side. From the pictures I found on the net, this one was one of the better ones because it shows the head in almost the same pose as the PF picture.

It's always easy to criticize someone, but it's harder to do the work yourself.

03.jpg

VEry easy pass for me as well. The only thing I really like about this PF is the clothing the rest is just blah to me. The pose is very awkward and the sculpt still looks like the prototype (or earlier pictures) which everyone agreed was a bad thing. Also, what's up with the tan Gandalf?

Ok here you go. I still don't see much improvement in the points I mentioned. And if you don't like the real Gandalf pic, feel free to post a good one so we can see them side by side. From the pictures I found on the net, this one was one of the better ones because it shows the head in almost the same pose as the PF picture.

It's always easy to criticize someone, but it's harder to do the work yourself.

03.jpg

Don't be a dick dude. I was just stating that the pic chosen has the light coming from behind Gandalf so of course his beard and face are gonna appear darker. There are many shots where his beard looks bright white in this movie.

Though I will say that I agree that the beard is a bit too think (been saying it since I first saw pics). But I have no idea how one would make it thin and whispy without a ton of possible damages during shipping.

Last edited:
This looks really good, I'm definitely going to have to pick it up later down the road.....just not enough funds right now....:monkey2

Don't be a dick dude. I was just stating that the pic chosen has the light coming from behind Gandalf so of course his beard and face are gonna appear darker. There are many shots where his beard looks bright white in this movie.

You're totally right. I was just saying that if you don't like the comparison pictures, you could have come up with better pictures. Instead, you decided to "complain" about the pictures I used.

Sorry for the off-topic.

I will agree that that the wispyness of the beard on the real GtW doesn't come through on the PF and it appears too think and too white. The paint could be better with some hints of grey, but I don't know how you sculpt the individual hairs that make up a beard and have it look like real facial hair.

And I think the angle you look at the piece makes a huge difference in how the pose and facial sculpt appear.

I will agree that that the wispyness of the beard on the real GtW doesn't come through on the PF and it appears too think and too white...

It looks thicker and whiter in this pic...

gandalf_poster.jpg

...But I have no idea how one would make it thin and whispy without a ton of possible damages during shipping.

How about like on the bust which is 1/4 scale as well...

9446R.jpg

I will agree that that the wispyness of the beard on the real GtW doesn't come through on the PF and it appears too think and too white. The paint could be better with some hints of grey, but I don't know how you sculpt the individual hairs that make up a beard and have it look like real facial hair.

And I think the angle you look at the piece makes a huge difference in how the pose and facial sculpt appear.

True True and thanks for reassuring me that in person Gandy doesn't look as tan as in the pics.:D

I don't understand the issue a lot of you have with the tan. If you were riding around all day every day on a horse under the sun in the open air, I think eventually you would get a tan as well. :idea :lecture :D

Looking at this, I think the whole beard thing is because you can't see any of his upper lip in the PF. That would help the look I think.

I think seeing his upper lip would change a lot of people's opinions. I think the beard is fine it is just the stache is a little to thick.

I don't understand the issue a lot of you have with the tan. If you were riding around all day every day on a horse under the sun in the open air, I think eventually you would get a tan as well. :idea :lecture :D

I would also add Fritz that Gandalf is pretty old and he may have just returned from Florida, it is January you know :D

Back