Gandalf the White PF Edition Size

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A price of only 25 bucks more than Frodo, a nice low edition size of 500 pieces, and a great exclusive (the way the regular version hand is holding the cloak instead of the sword looks weird) means that I will be keeping my order.

I still don't like the look and feel of his brilliantly white apron, but that's not enough to make me cancel this one. A little work on that apron and this outfit will be just about perfect.

1206.jpg
7195_press01-001.jpg

The only two complaints I have about the proto are the thickness of the beard and how 'white' the costume is. I can certainly live with both (though I'd love to have both fixed). I'm still a bit blown away by the price point though :monkey1

The Apron is a bit too stiff. The whiteness of the costume is no issue cause there where multiple scenes where it was that white. PJ and Crew played all kinds of tricks with the coloring of certain things during the entire Trilogy.

I like the PF, and will try to pre-order it, but not sure if I will buy it when it finally comes out though.

Only if the ES is ridiculously small will this thing sell out during the PPO.

500 is pretty small.

Even if it doesnt still. I think the many folks who buy this will end up being quite pleased with just how NICE this piece really is.

I Get off work at 3:30 and hopefully he will stil be avaliable.

Even if he isn't, the wait list will work for ya. I don't think this line has really caught on yet but it seems to be on the verge of gaining momentum. Hopefully SS can surprise us with another announcement in the next 6-8 weeks.

Another announcement would be awesome!! I've got a feeling we'll see another PF announcement soon.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the apron color will be addressed, they know it's too white. I know some people don't like the pose or how the hair and beard looks, but crazy detail on this plus it's a favorite character make it an easy buy. I don't think they'll have a problem getting rid of 500 pretty darn quick.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the apron color will be addressed, they know it's too white. I know some people don't like the pose or how the hair and beard looks, but crazy detail on this plus it's a favorite character make it an easy buy. I don't think they'll have a problem getting rid of 500 pretty darn quick.

That was the impression I got on talking with them about the Apron. The detail is really amazing as I've said a lot already. I agree that the 500 should move fairly quick.

Although the color does seem pretty bright on that apron, it also seems somehow stiff and not very worn, if that makes sense. It looks like he has two brand new car floor mats hanging from his belt, and they need to look less rigid and freshly die cut and a little more lived in.

But once again, just about every reaction or comment that we could possibly come up with have already occurred to the production folks long before we see the prototype images and the apron is surely something that has already been addressed before we even start to talk about it, with changes already in the works. I think this figure will grow on people and I believe it's a nice addition to the line.

Back