Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the Gammy, ROTJ Boba Fett, Lando Skiff and Slave Leia will be the only remaining must haves for me out of Jabba's palace. I'll take anyone they make, but those 3 are the only important ones not done yet. I really want a 1/6 Rancor but that's not a traditional figure.

I am realistically picturing how big that would be. It did be like having an additional piece of furniture in the house, a small coffee table?:lol

Yup, I too would seriously love to have one.

I'd be all over a 1/6 Rancor... I might have to sell part of the collection to make it happen, but any sacrifice would be worth it :lecture

While it might seem nuts to have something in a 1/6 line that large, overall, it wouldnt' be too much different than owning a 1:1 piece.

Nope, and I think the cost would be comparable.

Kind of surprised Kenner never went for it... they did some pretty large 1/6 pieces over their run. And the Rancor has made numerous appearances in the 3 3/4" line.

Maybe they figured something that big would be going too far. For a company like Hasbro too, it wouldn't practical, you couldn't really easily put it out for sale in a store, just one would take up half the typical Star Wars section in a toy aisle. I think it would have been their best though, a nicely painted roto figure, no fake fur or anything to come off cheesy. That's why I'm up for Sideshow doing it, it doesn't have to be anything super articulated, one hand that could hold a figure up and a pose that could support a figure's weight and then just paint it nice. I would be fine with it essentially being a statue like Jabba, I just want a 1/6 Rancor, it's not about what he does it's just about how badass it looks.

I would think that a theoretical Hasbro one would have come in several pieces that you would have to assemble. I guess a Sideshow Rancor could be the same way to save on shipping costs.

I find it encouraging that Go Hero is making a 1/6 Cyclops... which is essentially about the same height, but not as bulky.

If Sideshow wants to do a Rancor, they could re-use Gammy's fat body for the Rancor's keeper.:lol

Wow, this is great! I can not wait to see the finished version, not toi speak from Yoda or grievous next year.

Does everyone know, when Dooku or Tarkin will be relesed in 1:6 scale from SS?

Well so's the actual Gamorrean.

williamson.jpg

They've got nice blends though around the nose and mouth, mixed shades like it should have, horns have a nice, weathered look to it. I'm happy, and the costume looks like it should be great too.

I think I will end up getting a pair of these.

Looks great to me. The snout looks a little too red, but that could be lighting. The armor and "leather" look nice.

Back