Media Gaming Headsets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gaming Headsets - A General Discussion

i use tritton, i have the ax720. my brother just got the new ones last year and i swear theyre 7.1. id never buy wireless, nothing worse than when youre playing and you have to fumfer for the charge cable because youre about to lose your audio.

i use tritton, i have the ax720. my brother just got the new ones last year and i swear theyre 7.1. id never buy wireless, nothing worse than when youre playing and you have to fumfer for the charge cable because youre about to lose your audio.

I've been wondering, can you tell the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound with headsets? I've only had stereo headsets like the Turtle Beach P11.

The ax720 looks nice. But, I decided to go wireless after seeing the bunch of cables attached to the PX22 :lol. It was such a jumbled mess.

I decided to order the Call of Duty X-Ray headset, that I posted about. I should get it by Wednesday, so I'll give my impressions about it then.

Last edited:

i have the a50's…they're pricey but they are GREAT..sound quality is superb…i play most serious games (TLOU, walking dead, tomb raider, etc) with those bad boys..i have normal surround sound but i'm telling you you hear EVERYTHING so much much more…in tomb raider i could hear every drop of water like it was right by me..rain too was awesome..in TLOU the footsteps..every creak…etc…u might think u can hear it normally..which you can…but with those guys it amplifies EVERYTHING..i totally love em and would recommend them highly..ik when i bought them i did tons of research too..and once my damn ps4 does the update they'll be compatible with that also...

Gaming Headsets - A General Discussion

I own the Astro A40's which are really nice Cans with the Astro Mixamp but currently using the Astro Mixamp with a Nuforce HDP DAC amp with AKG Q701's after a recommendation from a hardcore gaming buddy I have. It's quite expensive but I use the DAC & 701's for music & also the gaming setup for watching movies for when the kids are asleep so I use it a lot really. Oh & I use a Zalman ZMMIC1 Microphone for chat

Astro's are awesome though. I find the headsets to be a bit to expensive for what they are but I find that the case with pretty much all high-end gaming headsets but if your using them for just gaming then Astros are my favourite dedicated gaming headset brand.

Talking of headsets though. Ps4 revealed there official headsets which look pretty nice & at a reasonable price (£79.99/€89.99/$99.99)

hadavema.jpg

Looks like the PS4 is finally getting a compatibility update for the Pulse and Pulse Elite.

The latest PlayStation 4 firmware update, v1.60, adds support for Sony’s line of Pulse wireless headsets. This includes the Pulse, Pulse – Elite Edition, and the soon-to-be-released PlayStation Gold Wireless headset. All three sets of cans support 7.1 virtual surround sound audio and voice chat, and they all charge via USB. The v1.60 update should be live “late tonight,” according to PlayStation Blog.

The Gold Wireless headset, due for release “early this month” and retailing for $99.99, is compatible with PlayStation 3, PS4, and PS Vita, as well as PC. An included USB dongle is required to pair the headset with the two consoles or a PC, and an included 3.5mm headphone jack is all that’s need to connect to a Vita. The Gold Wireless also features a folding design and can be fitted with customized faceplates.

There’s been a disappointing absence of wireless headset support on both of the newly released consoles. This PS4 firmware update is limited to just Sony peripherals, but it’s more support than we’ve seen since the console launched on November 15, 2013.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/playstation-4s-latest-update-adds-support-sony-pulse-wireless-headsets/

This is good news since I picked up the Pulse for $50 with the Last of Us. Not sure how much better the other headsets are but I have no complaints with the Pulse.

Yeah, a lot of people were waiting for that update by the looks of it :lol. That's a pretty good deal on the Pulse!

My Turtle Beach X-Rays have been working pretty good, too. I like how I can adjust the surround angles for any game, and the bass is phenomenal. But, I've been having massive problems getting the bluetooth to work on my iPhone. I actually heard that I can't use it like a normal headset by just connecting a 3.5 mm cable. It's still a good gaming headset, but it's kind of a letdown that it's unable to multitask with my other devices.

If I get a new headset later, it's definitely going to be a Pulse Elite or the new "Gold" headset from Sony.

Anyone know anything about the new Sony Pulse headset? Are these 7.1 surround sound headsets really good for movie watching as well as gaming?

I’m a little more interested in using them for movies.

It really depends on if that update includes support for any headset other than SONY's..which sucks..is the pulse the best headset on the market? Hell no.. BUT bang for buck its probably not bad..but right now the PS4, from my understanding doesn't support any other non-sony headset, and that this update only includes support for the pulse essentially…so it comes down to this--even if ALL headsets were supported, how much you trying to spend? The only headsets that are gonna sound better are gonna run you $200-300..so do you wanna spend that much?-if cost isn't an issue than can you wait until/if they ever build in support for those other, more expensive headsets or do you need a headset right now? IF you can wait and cost isn't an issue, hold out and buy a better one..if you don't wanna wait, grab the pulse..though long-term the other headsets for gaming and movies might be better for you..you gotta figure the PS4 is gonna be relevant for the next 6+ years…a few months of waiting now and you get one headset instead of waiting 2 years and having to buy your second headset…WHEW hope that helps and ur inbox was full turtle!

It really depends on if that update includes support for any headset other than SONY's..which sucks..is the pulse the best headset on the market? Hell no.. BUT bang for buck its probably not bad..but right now the PS4, from my understanding doesn't support any other non-sony headset, and that this update only includes support for the pulse essentially…so it comes down to this--even if ALL headsets were supported, how much you trying to spend? The only headsets that are gonna sound better are gonna run you $200-300..so do you wanna spend that much?-if cost isn't an issue than can you wait until/if they ever build in support for those other, more expensive headsets or do you need a headset right now? IF you can wait and cost isn't an issue, hold out and buy a better one..if you don't wanna wait, grab the pulse..though long-term the other headsets for gaming and movies might be better for you..you gotta figure the PS4 is gonna be relevant for the next 6+ years…a few months of waiting now and you get one headset instead of waiting 2 years and having to buy your second headset…WHEW hope that helps and ur inbox was full turtle!

Sorry about that man :lol

I appreciate the response. I am not a big tech guy, so I don’t really need the best of the best. I think I am just going to buy the Gold one coming out this month. It seems to do everything I need it to.

Currently using a pair of Sennheiser PC350. Definately upgrading to Audio Technica soon

Saw the new Gold headsets out at Best But tonight.

I figured that I needed a surround sound headset for my PC, especially since I've been using Steam a lot more, and my PS3 has been collecting dust. So. I just purchased the Harmoniq Pro from Sentey (it's currently on sale at Amazon for $69.99 with free shipping and no tax). I never heard about this company, but their headset has gotten great reviews from what I've seen.

It comes with three sub-woofers in each ear cup, and Senty claims that it's real Dolby 5.1 surround sound, and not the simulated surround that you'd find in other, more expensive headsets.

It seems like a really good deal at $69.99. The only problem, is that it's wired. But, it's not like I frequently leave my computer when I'm sitting down, anyway (water and munchies are always in reach :lol).

Here are some reviews I found:

https://www.pureoverclock.com/Review-detail/sentey-gs-4840-harmoniq-pro-5-1-gaming-headset/

Re: The Gaming Accessories Discussion Thread (game pads, headsets, gaming mice, etc)

I've changed the title of this thread from headsets alone to gaming accessories in general. So, feel free to discuss anything pertaining to gaming keyboards, mice, gamepads, etc.

As a follow-up to my post above, I've found that the Sentey Harmoniq Pro works incredibly well. The headset also comes with calibration software that allows you to adjust the locations and volumes of all of the individual speakers. The bass is also very rich, unlike the more expensive Turtle Beach X-Ray headset that I'm using (where the bass has been strangely muffled).

I guess I'll post some pictures later in the day as well. But, I think if you're a PC gamer, the Harmoniq Pro is worth some serious consideration, especially since it's only $69.The only complaints I have, is that plastic on the head-band feels very cheap, and the ear cups do not swivel at all. I guess Sentey had to cut corners somewhere, to sell it at that price. I just hope that the head band lasts a long time without breaking or anything.

Re: The Gaming Accessories Discussion Thread (game pads, headsets, gaming mice, etc)

I'd love one but it's wired. :(

Regardless, wired > wireless when it comes to audio. :lecture

I'd love one but it's wired. :(

Regardless, wired > wireless when it comes to audio. :lecture

Yeah, I would have preferred wireless, too. But, I'll using this one just for my PC, so I won't be moving around a lot :lol.

I just bought the Sony Gold Wireless Headset, I think it's okay- I don't hear any surround sound despite marketed as such and the bass is a bit underwhelming. I'll try to break-in the headset for a few days first, download that companion app and come back with a review.

Sony-Official-Gold-Wireless-Headset-PS4-Out-Today-in-the-UK-28th-Feb-2014.jpg

Good stuff. We need to play some online soon and voice chat :lol.

On the PC, I prefer Wired stuff, I use Corsair 1500 Vengeance V2.0 headphones for audio, which are great and 7.1
My mouse and keyboard are also wired(Roccat Ryos)(Mad Catz MMO7)

but downstairs when I'm watching TV, I use a Logitech K400 wireless and Sennheiser RS180

Back