Media Xbox one preferred gaming headset?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swordcombat

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Right im getting an xbox one 1TB of father Christmas this year:clap
The controller has the audio jack in it already so no need for the adaptor , basically i can use any headset.
Now i have a PS4 with turtle beach 500P which i like.

Now one thing i have learnt that xbox one does not really have a truly wireless headset unless
You want to spend £250 on turtle beach 800 .
Now im mainly play single player like fallout , oblivion mainly every game i get i prefer to play single player.
Though i do play online sometimes.
And most os the headsets are wireless until you want to use the chat function then you plug the wire from the headphones into
The controller like on the turtle beach PX4.
I come to the conclusion that the Audiophille AKG k550 are amazing studio headset that would be great with single player
But no mic function so i have boiled down to a few below
Im only willing to spend £100/$165
Turtle beach PX4
Turtle beach PX24
Turtle beach XO7 seven
Kingston hyperX cloud 2
Audiophille AKG K550 and just use the crappy xbox headset for the mic function

Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated so i can send a letter to father Christmas

Turtle Beach makes some decent headsets for the price. I had a PX22, which is very similar to the PX 24. It had some nifty features such as: a mic mute feature; mic monitoring to hear you own voice (this is a trademark technology for Turtle Beach); and a 3.5 mm jack that you could connect to your phone/MP3 player and listen to music while gaming. The only difference I see, is that the PX 24 features virtual surround sound, which my PX 22 did not.

The PX 4 looks like a rebrand of the XP400/X-Ray. I use a TB X-Ray for my PS3. It has Dolby 5.1 virtual surround sound, and you can adjust the surround angles with a switch on the receiver (and it looks like you can do the same with the PX 4). It also has several sound presets, variable bass, and a noise limiter to dampen explosions and loud noises from doing a number on your eardrums. The sound quality will be great, although it will be "metallic" at times. In fact, I've noticed that with TB headsets on the whole. The sound is crisp, but there's slight artificial (metallic) distortion, that doesn't sound natural.

Personally, I'd always go for a virtual surround headset if I had a choice. Virtual surround will improve your gaming (whether its single player or multiplayer), and you'll just have a more enjoyable and immersive experience.

About the AKG 550, it doesn't look like it was designed for gaming, and I'm not sure how it will perform. It's always good to have a few different headsets - one for console gaming and another for listening to music and watching movies.

Last edited:
Turtle Beach makes some decent headsets for the price. I had a PX22, which is very similar to the PX 24. It had some nifty features such as: a mic mute feature; mic monitoring to hear you own voice (this is a trademark technology for Turtle Beach); and a 3.5 mm jack that you could connect to your phone/MP3 player and listen to music while gaming. The only difference I see, is that the PX 24 features virtual surround sound, which my PX 22 did not.

The PX 4 looks like a rebrand of the XP400/X-Ray. I use a TB X-Ray for my PS3. It has Dolby 5.1 virtual surround sound, and you can adjust the surround angles with a switch on the receiver (and it looks like you can do the same with the PX 4). It also has several sound presets, variable bass, and a noise limiter to dampen explosions and loud noises from doing a number on your eardrums. The sound quality will be great, although it will be "metallic" at times. In fact, I've noticed that with TB headsets on the whole. The sound is crisp, but there's slight artificial (metallic) distortion, that doesn't sound natural.

Personally, I'd always go for a virtual surround headset if I had a choice. Virtual surround will improve your gaming (whether its single player or multiplayer), and you'll just have a more enjoyable and immersive experience.

About the AKG 550, it doesn't look like it was designed for gaming, and I'm not sure how it will perform. It's always good to have a few different headsets - one for console gaming and another for listening to music and watching movies.

Thanks for the advice buddy , im going for the PX4 , as i have been doing more research and thought the stereo headsets are great but they are made for music and not with 3D effects in mind , thought the PX24 look and are apparently great they have a wire and remote hanging from them all the time and it would annoy me very badly.
Do you think the PX4 is a good purchase

No prob. Yeah, I think the PX4 will be a very good choice. It's wireless, you can adjust sound angles on the receiver to your liking, and it comes with several features (adjustable bass, noise limiter, etc) that won't be available on the lower-end headsets.

Back