Gaming Heads Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dog_fashion_disco

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys, im about to order 2 statues from gaming heads, the headcrab zombie and the tank from left 4 dead. Does anyone here that own these statues could make a small review? From what ive seen they look ok, but some comments about sculpt and the paint apps would be great. Ive searched online for reviews, but not much came up, especially for the headcrab zombie. Thanks in advance!

sorry, can't help you there :)
only got one of the Team Fortress 2 statues (review coming soon) and two other on their way + the sentry gun
I did see the Tank master sculpt in Valve's headquarters and loved it but it was unpainted :)
what I can tell you is that Gaming Heads (or First 4 Figures since they're basically the same company) really delivers quality :)

I am not very good at reviews but I will do my best for you!

This piece is incredible heavy! It weighs the most of all my statues. He feels solid and great quality.

Box:
He comes in a vibrant yellow box with blood splatter and pictures of the statue with different angles. Big L4D2 logo as well. I don't have pics of it but if you want some I can pull it out of the closet and snap some

Paint:
He looks GREAT!! The way the veins stick out and the muscles themselves look incredible. The bullet holes look grotesque and his jawless face has a lot of detail. I did not find a single flaw in mine.

All around he is one of my favoreite pieces and looks amazing anywhere. I sadly got screwed out of the exclusive but all you get is a extra shotgun that doesn't even have a place to put it. All you do is set it on the base.

Here are few pics and if you want more please let me know!

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5405.jpg

sorry, can't help you there :)
only got one of the Team Fortress 2 statues (review coming soon) and two other on their way + the sentry gun
I did see the Tank master sculpt in Valve's headquarters and loved it but it was unpainted :)
what I can tell you is that Gaming Heads (or First 4 Figures since they're basically the same company) really delivers quality :)

Hi I and i! The team fortress statues do look great. I also wanted the sentry gun statue, but was unable to find the exclusive version in a EU store.

I am not very good at reviews but I will do my best for you!

This piece is incredible heavy! It weighs the most of all my statues. He feels solid and great quality.

Box:
He comes in a vibrant yellow box with blood splatter and pictures of the statue with different angles. Big L4D2 logo as well. I don't have pics of it but if you want some I can pull it out of the closet and snap some

Paint:
He looks GREAT!! The way the veins stick out and the muscles themselves look incredible. The bullet holes look grotesque and his jawless face has a lot of detail. I did not find a single flaw in mine.

All around he is one of my favoreite pieces and looks amazing anywhere. I sadly got screwed out of the exclusive but all you get is a extra shotgun that doesn't even have a place to put it. All you do is set it on the base.

Hi Deekboy. Thanks for the review! From what i had seen, it did look great, but its always better to ask someone who actually as it. I was able to get the exclusive for both of them at a decent price. Now we just have to wait for the Freeman! :)

Hi I and i! The team fortress statues do look great. I also wanted the sentry gun statue, but was unable to find the exclusive version in a EU store.

normally all the exclusives are sold only through Gaming Heads themselves but they do have an EU warehouse so shipping is cheaper and there aren't any import fees as well

normally all the exclusives are sold only through Gaming Heads themselves but they do have an EU warehouse so shipping is cheaper and there aren't any import fees as well

I usually buy my figures from stores, i never bought one from the actual company. But if you want the exclusives, youre right. I was lucky this time , normally stores dont sell exclusives figures.

I finally got these guys, both exclusive versions, and for a decent price. So, here is a little review of the headcrab zombie from gaming heads.

Sculpt:

Like the Tank statue, this one is also heavy. I think that the sculpt overall, is great. The base is fairly simple, its just a piece of asfalt with some bloody traffic lines. The debris on the sides of the base is well sculpted, but seems a little fragile, and might snap of easily.
Now to the headcrab zombie. Like i said, i think he looks great. The are some "layers" to him, you have the sculpted body, with a hole on his abdomen, and his intestines pouring out, then you have a sculpted bloody shirt over the chest, and finally the lab coat.
The headcrab is well sculpted. I can only complain about his front legs. They seem to be made in some kind of pvc, so you can notice the transition from pvc to polystone. All the cuts on his arms an legs look good, and deep.
The exclusive, is just a bloody sawblade. It doesnt have a specific spot to attatch, you just lay it down on the base.

Paint:

The base comes with a simple paint job, a mix of dark grey and brown dirt. The zombie has a white lab coat and blueish pants. The blood looks great. For once, its RED, not like other pieces where the blood is dark pink/purple. Its really glossy and well used on his cuts and other injuries. The headcrab is well painted, but i think hes just a little too dark. He should have been a mix of beije colors and light browns, but here hes dark brown and grey. The bloody teeth of the headcrab also look good.

Ill try to post some pics later!

Back