Gaming Heads 1/4 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the new Tomb Raider game, and this statue looks good to me! Ex ordered!

Last edited:
It's a bit ironic that this statue became available today... Just last night I pulled out my Tomb Raider collectors edition and opened it up to recheck out the contents and to see my kai arts figure again for the first time since I beat the game earlier this year...

I also stuck the game in my PS3 and screwed around with it for about 30 min before heading off to bed.

Only to find out they are releasing a new Tomb Raider collectible today!!!

Even though I don't collect Sideshow any more Tomb Raider was such a big part of my gaming childhood. And since this looks utterly fantastic I preordered. And will continue to preorder the entire Tomb Raider line.

I've been waiting for SS to reveal a premium format because that's one of the very few franchises that would get me to spend my reward points on. And then, with my points exhausted, I'd be done with SS.

Last edited:
Also why do I get the feeling that SS would only create Lara as a one-off...

It seems that Gaming Heads are intent on continuing this line. Which,to me, is really cool.

purple blood seems realistic.........................and game accurate. go for it!

Are you referring to the bruising? The purple marks on her appear to be bruises.

Is that what that is? Didnt think of that since its such a liberal amount. I relooked an maybe its not purple but brown. Could be mud all over like her arms. I think the statue is actually cool but maybe i didnt come off well.

I love it, I think it is simply spectacular. : Yess:: Yess:: Yess:

I am still debating. Not sure if final product will be as good as the prototype one. Wondering if she ended up with lazy eyes.

Tomb Raider was in a dire need of a reboot. The latest entry was exactly what it needed for a breath of fresh air. It pulled ideas from Uncharted and added its own twist.

I kept thinking Lara needed a safe word throughout the whole thing. The beating she takes is hilarious.

:yess:
Agreed. And let's not forget where Uncharted got it's inspiration from in the first place anyway.
And of course you can both of them were born from ideas from Indy. But who cares. They make for great adventure games!!

Actually how is Gaming Head with following through on licenses? I'm new to them and it appears they do continue with lines as opposed to quiting them...

I mean, TF2 has had, what, 4 releases. Half-Life has had 2. Left 4 Dead has had two. Portal has had two...

Not sure about their other lines...

But part of the collecting appeal of their lines is being able to secure the same number throughout their individual lines. It is strongly advertised.

What do you guys think. For Gaming Heads veterans, are there lines they've started that they've just decided to quite on?

Last edited:
Actually how is Gaming Head with following through on licenses? I'm new to them and it appears they do continue with lines as opposed to quiting them...

I mean, TF2 has had, what, 4 releases. Half-Life has had 2. Left 4 Dead has had only one so far...

Not sure about their other lines...

But part of the collecting appeal of their lines is being able to secure the same number throughout their individual lines. It is strongly advertised.

What do you guys think. For Gaming Heads veterans, are there lines they've started that they've just decided to quite on?

They are still a relatively new company and only over the last couple months have been acquiring licenses at a decent rate. I started following them in 2010-11 when the Headcrab zombie was revealed. They started with TF2, Half-Life, and Left 4 Dead.

They went dark for a year or so around the time they were going to merge with F4F, and honestly I had given up hope on ever getting a Gordon from them, even though they said he was coming over a year prior. But when the merger fell through they came back and did the Skyrim collectors edition statue, and then began to release/announce stuff in the Portal, Doom, Jak and Dexter, Elder Scrolls, Plants v. Zombies, Fallout, and now Tomb Raider lines.

Statue/product count so far is

TF2 - 4 (Heavy, Solider, Medic, Sniper)
HL - 2 (HCZ, Gordon)
L4D - 2 (Tank, Smoker)
Portal - 1 (Turret)
ES - 1 (Dragonborn)
ES shrines - 1 (Talos)
PvZ - 2 (Plant, Zombie)
Doom - 2 plushies
Jax and Dexter - 1 (Jax and Dexter)
Fallout Bobbleheads - (promise of 3 series)
Tomb Raider - 1 (Laura)

All except TF2, HL, L4D and maybe Portal have been announced in the last year. Gordon was hinted at in 2010 and the Smoker and Jockey were shown at one of the toy fairs in 2011 (I believe). I just got Gordon last month and the smoker was just able to be POed a couple of months ago, and they have yet to announce the Jockey.

Take that for what you will, but I'm loving their products. They seem to be gaining momentum lately.

Last edited:
I already have my definitive Lara statue. If it were 1:6 I might consider an alternate but not in 1:4.

They are still a relatively new company and only over the last couple months have been acquiring licenses at a decent rate. I started following them in 2010-11 when the Headcrab zombie was revealed. They started with TF2, Half-Life, and Left 4 Dead.

They went dark for a year or so around the time they were going to merge with F4F, and honestly I had given up hope on ever getting a Gordon from them, even though they said he was coming over a year prior. But when the merger fell through they came back and did the Skyrim collectors edition statue, and then began to release/announce stuff in the Portal, Doom, Jak and Dexter, Elder Scrolls, Plants v. Zombies, Fallout, and now Tomb Raider lines.

Statue/product count so far is

TF2 - 4 (Heavy, Solider, Medic, Sniper)
HL - 2 (HCZ, Gordon)
L4D - 2 (Tank, Smoker)
Portal - 1 (Turret)
ES - 1 (Dragonborn)
ES shrines - 1 (Talos)
PvZ - 2 (Plant, Zombie)
Doom - 2 plushies
Jax and Dexter - 1 (Jax and Dexter)
Fallout Bobbleheads - (promise of 3 series)
Tomb Raider - 1 (Laura)

All except TF2, HL, L4D and maybe Portal have been announced in the last year. Gordon was hinted at in 2010 and the Smoker and Jockey were shown at one of the toy fairs in 2011 (I believe). I just got Gordon last month and the smoker was just able to be POed a couple of months ago, and they have yet to announce the Jockey.

Take that for what you will, but I'm loving their products. They seem to be gaining momentum lately.

Thanks for the info. Actually it looks like they created a new turret in the portal line so that should be at 2. Although it only appears to have a different paint job.

Them being relatively new gives me hope that the lines will continue. Until they acquire too many lines and quite following through ala sideshow.

I'd take a Himiko, Stormgaurd as well as the endurance crew as well. Roth would look cool

I placed my order too fast. I didn't realize I got the EX version and there's a coupon code for it. lol

Shipping is $60 to Canada.

I placed my order too fast. I didn't realize I got the EX version and there's a coupon code for it. lol

Shipping is $60 to Canada.

I did the same thing! lol

I sent them an email asking if it would be possible to apply the discount to my already existing order.

I must have a screw loose because even though I could reorder and save 30 bucks, I don't want to lose my place in line and forfeit a lower number. Especially if I can keep my same number throughout the line...

If it were just one piece I would do it.

Still waiting on a response but I'll let you know what they say.

I also pre ordered without using the coupon. I don't really care about the number though, so I just canceled and reordered.

Last edited:
Back